[50+] Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions and Answers [LEARN NOW]
Last updated on 23rd Sep 2022, Blog, Interview Question
1. Describe the Peoplesoft web architecture?
2. What square measure WSL & JSL and what square measure they used for?
|Workstation hearer is employed to speak with Application Server from a digital computer connected through a three tier arch.||Jolt Station hearer is employed to attach shoppers from internet server to Application Server through three and four tire arches.|
3. What’s PSADMIN in Peoplesoft?
You use PSADMIN for managing application server domains, Peoplesoft method hardware domains, integration server processes, search domains, and so on. PSADMIN conjointly permits you to set up and manage the behavior of servers with a large variety of PeopleTools infrastructure components.
4 . What’s the Peoplesoft method hardware server?
The Peoplesoft method hardware Server Agent uses this worth to trace server status—running, down, or suspended. Whenever the server issues a heartbeat message, it updates the last date and time stamp within the Server standing table with this date and time.
5. What components square measure there in PSADMIN?
PSADMIN consists of varied PeopleTools infrastructure components, including:
- Tuxedo and Jolt.
- PeopleCode debugging.
- Analytic server framework.
- Transactional SQL requests.
- Performance improvement.
- Peoplesoft question.
- Integration Broker.
- Real-time event notification.
- Performance Monitor.
- MultiChannel Framework.
6. What’s a good Date?
Information element /Record coupled to the info EFFDT. data changes supported the EFFDT.
7. What square measures the Analytic Servers?
The analytic server framework provided by Peoplesoft may be a general server infrastructure designed to satisfy the wants of Peoplesoft products that method giant amounts of information in memory.It provides a stateful model of client/server property that these products need to be a part of the PeopleTools system, by keeping track of configuration settings, dealings data, and alternative information for a session.
8. Describe the design of Peoplesoft search framework?
9. Are you able to offer an associate degree example of state of affairs for Analytic Server?
- For example, shopper code might request that associate degree analytic model or improvement model be recalculated in one dealings, then retrieve the results of the calculation thereon model at a later time.
- A server method handles these requests and maintains the model state and calculated information in memory between the requests. extra transactions will then modify the model and perform recalculations thereon while not shuffling all of the info between the shopper and therefore the server or merchandising all the info into a information, so protective in-memory performance.
10. Make a case for that Peoplesoft supports that internet Servers?
- Peoplesoft supports Oracle WebLogic and IBM WebSphere internet servers, which give an equivalent basic practicality to support Peoplesoft applications, together with a console interface, secure sockets layer (SSL), and reverse proxy servers (RPS).
- Each internet server has its own method of accomplishing its practicality, and every adds its own further options that you just may notice helpful to your Peoplesoft system. This PeopleBook provides supplemental data regarding configuring and administering the net servers wherever it’s explicit relevancy to Peoplesoft.
11. Why can we use WebLogic server in Peoplesoft?
We use the Oracle we have a tendency tobLogic Server as an internet server within the Peoplesoft web design to deploy Peoplesoft applications. The Peoplesoft web design installation on the WebLogic Server provides these primary server configuration choices.
12. What’s PeopleSoft HCM used for?
Human Capital Management (HCM) may be a suite of PeopleSoft modules accustomed to manage worker and human resource functions. The HCM suite is formed of the subsequent modules: Human Resources (Position Management). The unit of time module maintains position and worker information.
13. What’s a Peoplesoft web design server?
14. What’s the Multi server definition in Weblogic Server?
This domain configuration contains seven distinctive server definitions and a WebLogic cluster, and therefore the Peoplesoft application is split across multiple server instances on one machine. This configuration is meant for the assembly atmosphere.
15. However will we have a tendency to migrate a tailor-made object between two databases having no physical connectivity?
- On supply atmosphere.
- On target atmosphere.
- Copy the exported file to the target system. Use ‘Copy project from file’ feature.
16.Define Distributed managed server in Weblogic Server?
This option is an associate degree extension of the “Multi server” choice and installs the mandatory files besides managed servers that unfold across multiple machines. This feature needs a “Multi server” installation to be performed to another location that contains the configuration for this managed server.
17. However is capability coming up with for Peoplesoft?
Capacity coming up with may be a methodology of management that options the economical use of resources through a projection of production desires. coming up with for capability breaks down into 3 steps: crucial capability needs, analyzing current capability, and coming up with for the longer term.
18. What’s the WebLogic Server Administration Console?
The WebLogic Server Administration Console is the main utility that’s accustomed to administering and monitoring the WebLogic server processes.The Administration Console provides an associate degree interface to watch and set up aspects of a Peoplesoft application from an internet server perspective.
19. What’s PeopleSoft ESA?
Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise Service Automation (ESA) permits project-centric organizations and departments to determine core operational processes that support full project lifecycle management—across operations and finance—from project choice, coming up with and staffing, through execution, price management, and analysis.
20 . Describe the design of Peoplesoft fundamentals?
21. Wherever to use the command prompt?
Running WebLogic as a foreground method is helpful if you would like to observe WebLogic in real time. To run WebLogic as a foreground method, enter one amongst the subsequent commands at the electronic communication in PIA_HOME\webserv\domain\bin.
- Single server – startPIA.cmd Or, you’ll be able to use the PSADMIN Tacca le ontopetaloides domain menu choices.
22. Use the windows service?
WebLogic will mechanically begin once the Windows server boots You can begin and stop the service from an overseas Windows machine. To install the service, open the electronic communication, and enter the acceptable command from your PIA_HOME\webserv\domain\bin directory:
Single server – install NGO service VIA.cmd.
Multi server – InstallNTservice.cmd weblogic_server_instance_name.
For example: installNTservice.cmd PIA.
Start the service named WebLogicdomain-servername (for example, Peoplesoft-PIA) by mistreating the Services utility within the Windows electrical device.Start the service from an electronic communication by getting into the subsequent command: internet begin Peoplesoft-PIA.
23. Make a case for What are The variations Between Rowclass And Rowset In Peoplesoft?
|Row category is that the part object wherever it binds all the rows all told level are within the buffer.||Row set is that the set of rows that are within the level one from there for each row set you’ll be able to access the information within the level 2.|
24. What’s PeopleSoft Financials used for?
PeopleSoft money analytics provides the tools you would like to develop, manage, and live company ways which will drive the foremost profitable growth.
25. However does one begin WebLogic on UNIX?
To start, Peoplesoft on the UNIX operating system executes the acceptable script within the WebLogic domain directory that the Peoplesoft install created, as in PIA_HOME/ webserv/ Peoplesoft/ bin.
Single server – startPIA.sh
26. Describe the design of the Peoplesoft improvement framework?
27. However, does one stop WebLogic mistreatment of the Command Line?
To stop WebLogic mistreating the instruction, enter the acceptable command:
Configuration – Windows – UNIX operating system
Single server – stopPIA.cmd – stopPIA.sh
28. However, are you able to manage the WebLogic server life cycle?
control a WebLogic server’s life cycle primarily employing an assortment of scripts provided therein server’s WebLogic domain directory. Each instance of a WebLogic server runs in associate isolated Java Runtime surroundings (JRE), notwithstanding whether or not you’re testing with a single-server configuration or implementing a multi-server configuration for production. All scripts should be launched from the WebLogic domain directory; and supply usage syntax if run with –help.
29. What’s JVM Heap?
The JVM heap size is the quantity of memory that a selected JRE (Java Runtime Environment) offers to the JVM (Java Virtual Machine) that it creates. The java.exe command on Windows, java on UNIX operating system and beasvc.exe once running WebLogic as a Windows service is that the JRE, and also the JVM exists at intervals the JRE’s memory house. The first sources for observing the quantity of memory that’s in use at intervals in a JVM are the Administration Console and also the WebLogic logs.
30. However, are you able to modify the JVM Heap Size?
If you would like to regulate any of the Java choices, most typically the JVM heap size, you need to manually edit that WebLogic domain’s native setEnv script. The parameters, -Xms and -Xmx, manage the JVM memory minimum and most heap size severally.
31. Describe the Peoplesoft web architecture?
32. What’s the Peoplesoft Configuration Manager?
Peoplesoft Configuration Manager may be a Microsoft Windows application that simplifies development digital computer administration by sanctioning you to regulate Peoplesoft register settings from a central location. You can create one development digital computer to replicate the surroundings at your website, then export the configuration file, which may be shared among alternative workstations. you’ll be able to conjointly outline separate profiles for connecting to completely different Peoplesoft databases.
33. What are the Peoplesoft configuration parameters?
Peoplesoft configuration parameters ar sorted on the Configuration Manager pages consistent with the operate, feature, or tool that they management, including:
- Startup settings.
- Display settings.
- Crystal report and Business Interlink settings.
- Trace settings.
- Workflow settings.
- Remote decision settings.
- Developer workstations.
- Importing and mercantilism surroundings settings.
- Defining configuration profiles.
34. What’s SYMBOLIC ID and connect Id?
|Symbolic id||Connect Id|
|It is an associated alias that ties the user ID to the access id.||chiefly want to establish connections to RDBMS.|
|Since the access id is thus powerful, it’s not kept within the PSOPRDEFN table wherever casual users would possibly see it.||ID and word are kept within the RDBMS security tables.|
35. What’s the utilization of Peoplesoft Configuration Manager?
- Peoplesoft Configuration Manager simplifies Windows digital computer administration by sanctioning you to regulate Peoplesoft register settings from one central location.
- It contains a range of controls that allow you to create Windows workstations running development and body applications, like Application Designer and Information Mover.
- You can create one digital computer to replicate the surroundings at your website, so export the configuration file, which may be shared among all the workstations at your website.
- You can conjointly outline separate profiles for connecting to completely different Peoplesoft databases. Peoplesoft configuration parameters are sorted on the Configuration Manager tabs consistent with the operation, feature, or tool that they manage.
36. Describe the Peoplesoft MCF architecture?
37.What area unit the common parts in Peoplesoft Configuration Manager?
Cancel – Closes Peoplesoft Configuration Manager while not saving any changes that you just have created. Apply – Saves your changes while not exiting.
38. However are you able to launch a Configuration Manager?
At a prompt, enter:
- PS_HOME\ bin\ client\ winx86\pscfg.exe.
39. What area unit Peoplesoft Server method Logs?
- For each Peoplesoft server method, like PSAPPSRV, the system writes a private log file to your such as logs directory.
- Depending on the work level, these log files will contain varied amounts of data.
- Reviewing these log files frequently will assist you to spot potential problems or system trends, and that they area unit a valuable supply of data once troubleshooting.
40.Can you offer AN example of Peoplesoft Server method Logs?
[Server method]:[Operating System Process ID] [Service Request Number] [Timestamp] [Log Level] [Message] .
41. Justify the oracle Peoplesoft web architecture?
42. However, are you able to put together a PeopleCode Trace?
You use this page to alter the PeopleCode tracing choices whereas on-line. This page doesn’t have an effect on trace choices that are set in the Peoplesoft Configuration Manager.
43. Is PeopleSoft a monetary system?
The monetary Management System could be a suite of PeopleSoft modules wont to manage monetary processes. The FMS suite is created from the subsequent modules: account book (Account Setup). … All accounts area units started among the overall Ledger.
44. What’s IDDA Logging?
The Peoplesoft Instrumented Development Diagnostic Aid (IDDA) lumberman, allows you to collect specific info concerning varied areas among the Peoplesoft web design and Peoplesoft Interaction Hub.
45. However will we begin & stop internet Server in an exceedingly single server domain?
|Start: “HOST_PS_HOME>\web||Stop: “HOST_PS_HOME>\web|
46. What area unit PeopleTools Utilities and what it contains?
The PeopleTools utilities unit a group of varied configuration and administration interfaces that function as a browser-based technique of setting varied system settings.
47.What area unit the 3 main parts of Indian arrowroot Architecture?
Web server, Application Server, information server.
48. Justify the understanding of Peoplesoft portal architecture?
The PeopleSoft Pure web design is that the server-centric design wants to deploy PeopleSoft web applications to finish users UN agency access the applications through an online browser. The portal servlet runs on the online server. the online server communicates with the applying server over Jolt.
49.How will a shopper communicate with the online server?
Web browsers communicate with internet servers exploiting the machine-readable text Transfer Protocol (HTTP). After you click a link on an online page, submit a type, or run a hunt, the browser sends AN HTTP Request to the server.
50. What protocol is employed between shopper and internet server?
HTTP & Client-Server Communication. machine-readable text Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is the protocol that internet browsers and internet servers use “under the hood” to speak with one another over the net. It’s text based mostly. HTTP could be a protocol that permits the winning of resources, like HTML documents.
51.How are you able to launch PSADMIN?
By exploiting PS_HOME\ appserv\ psadmin.exe from the program line, we will launch the PSADMIN.
52. What’s Single server definition in Weblogic Server?
This domain configuration contains one server named Indian arrowroot, and therefore the entire Peoplesoft application is deployed thereto. This configuration is meant for one user or terribly little scale, non-production environments.
53 . Describe the cloud Peoplesoft Transfer rule extractor?
54.How are you able to begin WebLogic on Microsoft Windows?
On Microsoft Windows, you’ll begin WebLogic using: prompt and Windows service. Using the Command Prompt: Running WebLogic as a foreground method is useful if you wish to observe WebLogic in real time. To run WebLogic as a foreground method, enter one amongst the subsequent commands at the prompt in PIA_HOME\ webserv\ domain\ bin. Single server – startPIA.cmd Or, you’ll use the PSADMIN Indian arrowroot domain menu choices.
55. However does one uninstall the Weblogic server?
To uninstall the service, enter the subsequent command: uninstall service.cmd
56. Justify concerning the Report Repository.
- Report Repository directory.
- Report Repository servlet.
- It is a location within the web server wherever reports and log files are kept.
57. What’s Peoplesoft and how will it work?
Peoplesoft offers client service management apps within the type of Peoplesoft CRM. This CRM tool is tailored to suit sales, selling or service industries. Peoplesoft conjointly offers business method management (BPM) tools, permitting users to line up orders and workflows, additionally as change processes.
58. What’s the structure of Peoplesoft method schedulers?
PeopleTools method hardware could be a centralized tool that allows application developers, system directors, and application users to manage PeopleSoft batch processes. exploitation PeopleSoft Pure web design, you’ll access a listing of methodes through an online browser and queue and run a process request.
59. Do firms still use Peoplesoft?
The companies exploitation Peoplesoft area unit most frequently found within the US and within the pc software package trade. Peoplesoft is most frequently utilized by firms with 10-50 workers and 1M-10M bucks in revenue. Our knowledge for Peoplesoft usage goes back as much as vi years.
60. What’s Peoplesoft a PAAS?
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas) and Platform as a Service (Paas) currently offers Peoplesoft customers several enticing choices to contour maintenance activities, reducing body overheads, up response times, reducing manual errors, automating pre and post maintenance tasks.
61. What’s Peoplesoft admin training?
62. Is Peoplesoft still supported?
Since it’s currently 2020, it has been time for America to review and extend the support date, and that we have. The period of time Support Policy datasheet for Applications has been updated, and currently shows all Peoplesoft continuous delivery releases supported through a minimum of 2031.
63. However will a consumer connect with an internet server?
A consumer initiates the communication by connecting to a server. The consumer sends requests to the server, and also the server sends replies back. Finally, the consumer disconnects. A server may handle connections from many consumers at the same time, and shoppers may also connect with multiple servers.
64. Is Peoplesoft a CRM?
Oracle’s Peoplesoft client relationship management (CRM) delivers “CRM for You”—solutions that are tailored to suit your trade business processes, your client ways, and your success criteria.
65. Will Peoplesoft use SQL?
Peoplesoft is Associate in Nursing ERP with modules associated with Finance, Human Resources etc. the net pages in Peoplesoft area unit developed victimization of its own PeopleCode language. SQL scripts are unit run in SQL Developer applications supporting the module atmosphere.
66. The United Nations agency owns Peoplesoft now?
Peoplesoft/Parent organizations: Oracle Corporation recently proclaimed that it’s signed a definitive contract to accumulate Peoplesoft, Inc., for $26.50 per share (approximately $10.3 billion). The group action has been approved by the boards of administrators of each firm and will be within sight early Jan.
67 . However, area unit the Communication networks in Peoplesoft?
Facilitates each Synchronous & Asynchronous communication between systems. ❖ PeopleSoft Integration Broker consists of 2 Sub-Systems.
68. What’s Peoplesoft a relative database?
Peoplesoft may be an on-line database. to be precise, a relative knowledgebase: Provides multiple databases during which data is often kept and retrieved.
69. Describe the design of Peoplesoft enterprise preparation guide?
70.Who started Peoplesoft?
David Duffield is best known for reluctantly marketing Peoplesoft to technical school large, Oracle, for $10 billion bucks in 2005. Peoplesoft meant tons to Duffield, the United Nations agency designed the corporation from the bottom up.
71. What’s a question in Peoplesoft?
Peoplesoft’s question is Associate in Nursing user news tool. With the Peoplesoft question, you’ll be able to extract the precise data that you are just an area unit trying to find by victimizing visual representations of your Peoplesoft info, while not writing SQL statements. … To run queries as a separate method.
72. Define the structure of novel extension composers connected to Peoplesoft?
73. What’s a Peoplesoft knowledge mover?
Peoplesoft knowledge Mover permits you to: Transfer application knowledge between Peoplesoft databases. Move Peoplesoft info s across operational systems and database platforms. Execute Structured search language (SQL) statements against any Peoplesoft info, despite the underlying package or info platform.
74. Is Peoplesoft a money system?
The money Management System may be a suite of Peoplesoft modules accustomed to managing money processes. The FMS suite is formed from the subsequent modules: leger (Account Setup). … All accounts area units originated inside the overall Ledger.
75. What area unit comparable reports?What is that the distinction between *changed and adjusted in compare report?
|Customer modified the thing once putting in the last unleash. The definition has compared, its LASTUPDOPRID price is “PPLSOFT”||The definitions has been compared, its LASTUPDOPRID price is “TPLSOFT”, and its its LASTUPDDTTM price is a smaller amount than or capable date/time stamp of the comparison.|
|The LASTUPDDTTM price is bigger than the date/ time stamp of the comparison unleash info, in alternative words the individuals have changed the definition since the comparison was discharged.||In alternative words the Peoplesoft Last changed the definition before the comparison unleash.|
76. What’s this version of Peoplesoft?
oplesoft nine.2: The first Peoplesoft HRMS (Human Resources Management System) was discharged. The Oracle Corporation non heritable the computer code in 2005 and afterward discharged Peoplesoft FMS nine.0 and Peoplesoft HCM (Human Capital Management) nine.0 the subsequent year. the foremost recent version, Peoplesoft nine.2.
77. What’s enclosed in Peoplesoft Financials?
The Peoplesoft money Management suite provides integration with growth solutions like Lifecycle Management, Enterprise Service Automation, Oracle GRC, and Enterprise Performance Management. Topics coated during this experience embrace leger, Payables, assets, Billing, and eSettlements.
78. Make a case for the design of Peoplesoft integration victimization oracle?
79. What’s Peoplesoft EPM?
EPM may be a prepackaged knowledge deposition platform that serves as a repository of your data for news and analysis, and because the foundation for the Peoplesoft EPM Warehouses and Analytical Applications.
80. However long can Peoplesoft be around?
Oracle began reviewing and reaching to extend support by one year, each year, till Oracle’s investment and support strategy for Peoplesoft changes. Once this review, Oracle has proclaimed that support for Peoplesoft is going to be extended.
81. Outline DDDAUDIT, SYSAUDIT?
|The info Audit Report checks for inconsistencies between PeopleTools and also the info objects.||The System Audit identifies unparented objects and the other consistencies inside a system.|
82. Why ought to I exploit Peoplesoft?
Oracle’s Peoplesoft applications area unit designed to handle the foremost complicated business necessities. They supply comprehensive business and trade solutions, sanctio native organizations to extend productivity, accelerate business performance, and supply a lower price of possession.
83 . Describe the structure of enterprise Peoplesoft tools?
84. Is Peoplesoft within the cloud?
Yes. Oracle’s Managed Cloud Services team (OMCS) already provides managed services for Peoplesoft customers and have swollen their service providing to incorporate the preparation and management of Peoplesoft instances on the Oracle Cloud.
85. Will Peoplesoft have an Associate in Nursing API?
The API may be an assortment of Java category files that reside on the consumer system and mediate between the consumer application layer and Peoplesoft. Before victimizing your element interface, you want to apply security thereto and check it. to make a Peoplesoft API Java program: Open the Peoplesoft Application Designer.
86. Is Oracle HCM an equivalent to Peoplesoft?
Both Peoplesoft and HCM Cloud Payroll area unit nice payroll solutions. They each offer a really powerful payroll calculation engine and configuration framework. They each handle massive amounts of native country laws. That being the same, they work utterly in several ways.
87. However, will Peoplesoft Integration Broker work?
Peoplesoft Integration Broker could be a middleware that connects internal and third-party systems through asynchronous and synchronous electronic messaging. … It conjointly consumes and invokes internet services that come back from third-party systems. It manages organization, formatting, and transport disparities whereas integration.
88. What concerns the novel integration runtime architecture?
89. Is Peoplesoft a part of Oracle EBS?
Oracle discharged Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS/e-BS) unharness twelve (R12) – a bundling of many Oracle Applications. the discharge date coincided with new releases of different Oracle-owned products: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Siebel Systems and Peoplesoft.
90. However are you able to put together SQL Trace?
You use this page to alter the SQL tracing choices whereas you’re on-line.
91. Is Peoplesoft a database?
Peoplesoft info could be a set of SQL objects outlined as having an equivalent owner ID. These tables are a unit perpetually contained inside one Oracle info. A Peoplesoft info includes the Peoplesoft objects and application information for one or additional merchandise in a very Peoplesoft wares.
92. Is Peoplesoft a skill?
Peoplesoft analysts would like 2 skills: information of the package and associated info skills like SQL, associate degreed an understanding of the advanced business processes served by the package.
93. What info will PeopleSoft use?
A PeopleSoft info could be a set of SQL objects outlined as having an equivalent owner ID. These tables are a unit perpetually contained inside one Oracle info. A PeopleSoft info includes the PeopleSoft objects and application information for one or additional merchandise in a very PeopleSoft wares.
94. What’s elevate and shift on Peoplesoft?
Lift and Shift of PeopleSoft on-premise atmosphere to Oracle cloud exploitation Cloud manager. … This may change the end-user to focus more on business and fewer on infrastructure management by swiping away all the complexities concerned in maintaining, making and managing the below to run PeopleSoft on OCI.
Are you looking training with Right Jobs?Contact Us
- Hadoop Interview Questions and Answers
- Apache Spark Tutorial
- Hadoop Mapreduce tutorial
- Apache Storm Tutorial
- Apache Spark & Scala Tutorial
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- Difference between Data Lake vs Data Warehouse: A Complete Guide For Beginners with Best Practices
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- What does the Yield keyword do and How to use Yield in python ? [ OverView ]
- Agile Sprint Planning | Everything You Need to Know