Most Common Questions About Salesforce Certification
Last updated on 10th Oct 2020, Artciles, Blog
As a Salesforce Admin, you may already be responsible for a number of important tasks related to customizing your company’s Salesforce instance.
Earning your Admin credential is a great testament to all you’ve learned, plus it shows your commitment to your company’s success and your continued professional development.
After all, you know better than anyone how your work as a Salesforce Admin contributes to your company’s success as a whole.
Getting your Salesforce certification can transform your career and pave the way to increased responsibilities and promotions, all the while allowing you to contribute even more to your organization’s success.
Whether you are brand new to Salesforce, or have been thinking about earning your cert for a while, here are seven tips to help you prepare for your Salesforce Administrator certification exam:
Subscribe For Free Demo
Error: Contact form not found.
1. See What The Exam Is All About
- To pass your Admin certification exam, you need to have a broad knowledge of customizing Salesforce, configuring the platform, managing users, and looking for ways to get even more out of its features and capabilities.
- The exam guide is your best resource to understand the format of the exam, including the number of questions, how much time you’re allowed, what topics are covered, how much they are weighted, what resources you should use to study, and more.
2. Schedule Your Certification Exam
- It may seem strange to schedule your exam before you’ve started studying, but this is a great way to keep you motivated and working towards your goal of a certification.
- Having a set date will help you prioritize your studying and keep you focused. Click here to schedule your certification exam, and pick a testing environment that works best for you.
- We offer exams onsite at a testing center, or you can take them online in the comfort of your own home. Check out these online test-taking tips if that’s the route you prefer.
3. Find Some Friends To Study With
- Nothing helps more when studying for an exam than having friends to join you on the journey.
- The Salesforce Certification Study Group in the Trailblazer Community is a great way to connect with fellow Admins who are studying for their exam.
- Here you can ask questions, get advice and words of encouragement, and even plan study dates and meetups.
4. Get Hands-On Practice
- No amount of studying can compare to how valuable it is to get hands-on experience.
- Being able to recall specific projects or implementations you’ve done will help you as you answer tough, scenario-based questions.
- The best way to get this hands-on experience is to block out time on your calendar and make it clear to your team that this is a priority.
- If you haven’t already, we recommend that you complete both the Admin Beginner and Admin Intermediate trails on Trailhead.
- These trials are a great way to learn, refresh, and supercharge your skills and knowledge of Salesforce. Another great way to solidify your skills is to build an app to track something you’re interested in.
- For example, you can build an app to track your favorite TV episodes, or an app to track your recipes, or movie collection.
- We even know someone who built an app to plan their wedding! So go ahead and build your own app on something you’re interested in. It will give you the experience of building an entire app from scratch, and you’ll have something to demo to potential employers.
5. Complete The Admin Certification Trail
- We want to set you up for success. That’s why we’ve created the Admin Certification Prep Trail, which was specifically made to help you get exam ready!
- We also have an Admin Certification Trail Mix. The best thing about this Trailmix is that it shows the percentage of each subject area covered on the test – so you can focus more time on the subject areas with the highest percentages (i.e. Standard & Custom Objects, Sales and Marketing Applications, Security & Access), and less time on areas with the lowest percentages (i.e. Mobile, AppExchange, User Setup).
6. Attend A FREE 1-Day Virtual Prep Webinar
- Get an extra boost of confidence as a Salesforce Certified Instructor walks you through some study tips and explains concepts that you might be struggling with.
- Registering for a free certification prep webinar is super easy, and for a limited time, all attendees will receive a coupon code for a $70 USD discount off of any $200 USD certification exam.
7. Excel During The Admin Certification Exam
- The most important thing to do during the exam is to read the questions carefully.
- Time is limited, so you’ll want to use it wisely. There may be questions that you don’t know the answer to, and that’s ok!
- You can take your best-educated guess, mark the question for review, and come back after you’ve answered all the other questions.
- You can also use the three pieces of scratch paper provided to jot things down, so when you come back to a question marked for review, your handy notes will remind you what the question is about and why you chose your answer.
- Keep in mind that not everyone will pass the Admin Certification exam the first time, but sitting for an exam is excellent training in itself. and you get to see how the exam is structured.
- Afterward, you’ll get an email with section-level feedback, so you can see the areas where you really know your stuff and the areas where you can do a little more studying.
- Make sure you schedule your exam retake while the content is still fresh in your brain!
Finally, Celebrate Your Success!
- It’s time to congratulate yourself on a job well done! Go ahead and be loud and proud of your new certification; you’ve earned it!
- Share your success with your team, your fellow Salesforce Admins in the Trailblazer Community, on Twitter, and don’t forget to join the Linkedin and Trailblazer Community groups specifically for Certified Professionals.
- By getting your Admin Certification, you’ve taken a great step forward in building your Salesforce knowledge, demonstrating that you not only know the basics, but you’ve gone above and beyond to become the go-to resource for all things Salesforce in your organization.
- Plus it will show your manager and everyone at your organization that you are serious about boosting your career, and becoming a leader and resource for all things Salesforce.
Are you looking training with Right Jobs?Contact Us
- Salesforce Tutorial
- SalesForce Interview Questions and Answers
- Salesforce Architecture Tutorial
- Salesforce Developer Certification, Jobs And Salary Trends
- Salesforce Developer Exam Process And Eligibility
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- Difference between Data Lake vs Data Warehouse: A Complete Guide For Beginners with Best Practices
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- What does the Yield keyword do and How to use Yield in python ? [ OverView ]
- Agile Sprint Planning | Everything You Need to Know