Google Data Science Interview Questions and Answers
Last updated on 23rd Oct 2020, Blog, Interview Question
Ready to face interview for Google Analytics? Do not worry, we are here to help you with job interview preparation. If you are preparing for Google Analytics job interview and not sure which questions are likely asked in interview, we suggest you to go through Google Analytics interview questions and answers page to crack your job interview. Google Analytics is the service provided by Google which captures the data and tracks the live traffic from iOS and Android Apps. The e-commerce reports gives the data on transactions, revenue and other. There are many jobs related to this across the globe.
1. What Is Google Analytics And Main Purpose Of Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a web analytics software used to track the traffic on the website. The major purpose of analytics is to analyse the information about the site and make decisions to improve the site traffic and revenue.
2. What Is Meant By Conversions And How Will You Track Conversions Through Ga?
Conversions happens when any predefined goals are accomplished thereby generating ROI to the business. In other words if the user take any desired action on the site, its considered as conversion. For example filling the form, purchasing a product etc. We use Goals in Analytics to set the conversion tracking.
3. What Is A Session?
If a user visits a website the session is started, the session can last for 30 minutes if no activity is done. A new session is started in analytics if your source is changed. For example if a user visits from organic results, one session is started and same user open a same site from PPC, then next session is started.
4. What Is Meant By Kpi In Analytics?
KPI means Key Performance Indicators. These metrics helps the business to analyse their websites based on the business objective. Example of KPI: Users, Sessions, Avg Time, Bounce Rate, Conversion rate etc.
5. What Are Segments In Analytics?
Segments are used to define the subset of data in overall data. For example we can create a segment for organic, paid traffic etc.
6. Can The Data Change Once Google Analytics Has Processed The Data?
No, it cannot change.
7. What Are Events In Google Analytics?
Events are user interactions with content that can be tracked independently from a web page or a screen load. we can create custom events to track downloads, play buttons and ajax load etc.
8. What Are Goals And How Many Goals Can We Create In Analytics?
A goal defines a completed user activity, called a conversion, that contributes to the success of your business. We can have only 20 goals per one web property.
9. What Is Benchmarking?
This metric helps us to compare our data with the market aggregated data from relevant industry who share the data anonymously.
10. What Is Bounce Rate?
The percentage of users who leave the website without visiting any other page is bounce rate. Higher bounce rate is very negative for website, as users are not showing interest in the site.
11. What Is The Optimal Bounce Rate For Website?
A good bounce rate is around 30% for websites.
12. What Is Funnel In Goals?
Series of pages which are expected to be accessed to reach the destination page to complete the goal is defined as funnel. For example a e-commerce website funnel will be like.
- Add to Cart => Signin/Signup => Add Address => Make Payment => Thankyou Page.
13. Can We Delete The Goals After Created Them In Google Analytics?
No, we cannot delete the goal. But we can stop recording the goal by disabling the goal.
Subscribe For Free Demo
Error: Contact form not found.
14. What Are Custom Events In Google Analytics?
To track the changes in a specific metric, we can set parameters which can trigger and custom event is created.
15. What Is Mean By Users In Analytics?
It defines the users who have visited the site at least one time in given time frame.
16. What Is Meant By Cohort Reports?
A cohort is a group of users who share a common characteristic that is identified in this report by an Analytics dimension.
17. What Is Use Of Acquisition Reports?
We can analyse the source of our traffic to the website. Ex: Organic, PPC, social etc.
18. What Is “not Provided” Data In Keyword Reports?
The keywords data which is blocked by Google and will not show in Analytics reports. Most of the website are unable to find the exact keywords for which a conversion was happened.
19. What Is Meant By Experiments?
Experiments tool is used to measure the results of campaigns with different design/view. It is also called as A/B testing.
20. What Is Attribution In Google Analytics?
An attribution model is the rule, or set of rules, that determines how credit for sales and conversions is assigned to touch points in conversion paths. In other words the attribution can help us to know the proper touch points in the funnel.
21. What Is Realtime Data In Analytics?
With this tool we can analyse the present traffic on the site.
22. Can We Separate The Users Based On Devices ?
Yes we can segment the data based on devices. Under audience reports we can analyse this data.
23. Can We Track Google Adsense Data In Google Analytics?
Yes using Publisher tab we can connect our Google Adsense with Google Analytics.
24. What Is Exit Rate In Analytics?
For all pageviews to the page, Exit Rate is the percentage that were the last in the session. Which means we can analyse the % of users who left the site from particular page.
25. What Is Meant By Average Load Time?
The avg. amount of the time taken by the website to load it in the browser. The website must be loaded as fast possible for quick loading.
26. In Analytics Reports We Can Sometimes Get A Lot Of Spam Data From Spam Sources/domains, How To Deal With This Issue?
We can set the filters to avoid all this data from spam sources/domains.
27. What Do You Mean By Analytics?
Analytics is the disclosure and correspondence of various examples in information. It helps us settling on better choice, it works like a client’s input to a specific item/benefit. Computerized Analytics is a mix of numerical measurements and PC programs.
28. What Do You Analysis Most Often In Google Analytics? Or What Is The Most Important Things In Google Analytics You Will Want To Analysis?
Google Analytics gives a heaps of information and bits of knowledge and each information example is vital yet at the same time there are a few ranges where we can concentrate more like:
- Traffic Sources
- Bounce and Exit Rate
- Top Performing Pages/Landing Pages
- Unique Vs. Returning Visitors
- Funnel and Goal Conversions .
29. What Is Event Tracking?
Event tracking involves includes the Google Analytics code customization and is utilized to track a specific occasion/action on a site like a tick, document download or some other change.
30. Which Is More Important – Bounce Rate Or Exit Rate?
Both are similarly imperative yet relies on upon the quantity of components like a high leave rate of a contact page/thanks page or a channel’s end page is characteristic.
31. Define Session, Users And Pageviews.?
Session:– In Google Analytics, a session is a gathering of connections that happen on your site inside a given date range. For instance a solitary session can contain site visits, social associations, occasions, and ecommerce exchanges.
Users:- In Google Analytics the clients are, that have had no less than one session inside chose date.
Pageviews:– In Google Analytics the site hits is the aggregate number of pages saw. Counting the rehashed perspectives of a solitary page.
Enroll in Google Data Science Training from Expert Instructors
- Instructor-led Sessions
- Real-life Case Studies
32. What Are Google Analytics ‘goals’ And Why Should I Use Them?
In Google Analytics the site hits is the aggregate number of pages saw. Counting the rehashed After introducing Google Analytics’ following code, your next step is to recognize what key site guest activities you need to screen. Google Analytics alludes to these as Goals, which you ought to use to gauge which sorts of substance pattern well with guests and which don’t.
- Destination : A specific location within your website.
- Duration : How long people website visits last.
- Page Visit :Which pages and screens visitors view during a single visit.
- Events : Actions visitors take during a visit, including ad clicks, social media shares.
33. Can I Track My Google Adsense Campaigns With Google Analytics?
Yes, Google Analytics measures the achievement of your Google Adsense. In the event that your goal is to create income through AdSense activities, Waisberg suggests utilizing Google Analytics’ Pages report. It gives a point by point perspective of which site page performed best regarding creating AdSense income and that’s just the beginning.
34. How Can I Track And Improve E-commerce Sales?
You can utilize Google Analytics’ helpful however fairly in fact propelled Goal Funnel highlight to investigate the general accomplishment of your e-business endeavors – directly down to individual shopping basket exchanges, on the off chance that you like.
35. What Do You Understand By Assisted Conversions?
On the greater part of the cases, changes don’t happen utilizing a solitary channel. regularly, more than one divert is incorporated into an effective change. Helped transformations helps us to get a reasonable thought as to which diverts are included in contributing a change. This is appeared in the Multi Channel Funnel reporting tab in GA. Normal channels adding to changes are immediate, natural hunt, referral, not set, informal organization and email.
36. How Can I Identify The Keywords That Are Sending Paid Traffic To Any Site?
The keyword column displays traffic divided under paid and organic. We can easily identify the paid keywords by moving to the keywords section.
37. How Can I Identify Where The Visitors Are Clicking The Most?
This can be seen with the help of In-Page Analytics.
38. Where Can I Find The Ua Tracking Code?
The Universal Analytics tracking code can be found in the admin section of the web property.
39. What Is A Google Analytics Segment?
Similarly as with customary client sections in advertising, in Google Analytics, portions bunch guests who offer basic qualities. There are bunches of qualities of guests that are gathered as a matter of course by Google Analytics, from insights about their programs and screen sizes to the locales that they originate from and the sorts of pages they see.
40. What Are Some Ways You Can Use Profiles?
You can look all the more carefully at movement to one subdomain, you can look all the more carefully at activity to one catalog or segment of a site, and you can confine access to some portions of data.
41. How Can You Track User Engagement On Websites That Use Flash Or Ajax And Are Located On One Html Page?
You can use Event Tracking, or track interactions as Pageviews and set goals.
42. What Is ‘treemap’ In Google Analytics?
At the end of 2014 the Treemaps report was discharged inside Google Analytics. The report imagines AdWords information by using settled rectangles and a red to green shading scale. The treemap permits to us to rapidly recognize the solid and feeble ranges of our records, helping us drive our regard for the right places.
43. What Is Difference Between Goals & Funnels ?
A funnel conversion expect a particular way before the objective. For example, suppose you run a campaign for Widget An utilizing a presentation page with focused activity. You want to see the funnel conversion rate for that landing page, add to cart, then thank you page (in that specific order) to gauge the effectiveness of your campaign. You see that specific funnel conversion rate is 2%.
For a goal conversion rate, all you care about is maximizing a conversion rate overall, all you think about is augmenting a transformation rate generally speaking. Suppose that objective is basically to build Widget A’s transformation rate (on your web properties) paying little heed to whether clients enter by means of that point of arrival or go to your general site.
44. What Are The Three Elements Of Event Tracking?
Categories, Actions, and Labels.
45. How To Set Up Install Tracking For Mobile Apps?
Step 1: Enable app install tracking in your account for android and iOS.
Step 2: Update your Analytics SDK for android and iOS.
For all steps visit at – Set up install tracking for mobile apps
46. What Is In-page Analytics?
In-Page Analytics allows to see what users are clicking on within each page.
47. What Is Rpc In Google Analytics?
RPC stands for Revenue Per Click is a great metric available in Google Analytics for use ECommerce tracking.
48. How Does Google Calculates Time Stamp On Page?
Google keep a time stamp whatever any visitor comes on a particular page then it compares the time stamp of one page with the other page.
For instance, any user enters the site on Page 1 and moves to Page 2 then move to Page 3 lastly leaves the site. For this situation, a period stamp is put on Page 1 assume its 10:00, when the client moves to Page 2, some other time stamp is set on Page 2, assume its 10:10 and afterward when the visitor comes on Page 3, some other time stamp is set, lets say 10:15. Presently to compute time on Page 1, Google will subtract the time stamp on Page 2 with that of 1. For this situation, 10:10-10:00 which will come to 10 minutes for Page 1.
49. How Will I Identify The Popular Pages On My Site?
The top landing pages visits by users are popular pages on site. We can see top landing pages using Google analytic moving to the behavior section.
50. What Is “not Set” And “not Provided” In Google Analytics?
(Not Provided) = Organic visits via Keyword Search
Google switched to a secure server (https) in 2011 which encrypts search results. When you’re logged into Google (i.e. Gmail, Calendar or YouTube) that time your searches become protected so all keyword data show as (not provided) in Google Analytics.
(Not Set) = A direct or a referral visits
This can be a little more complicated, but basically refers to a catch-all for facts Google Analytics wasn’t capable to identify.
Example : if you see landing page = (not set), it probably means that period didn’t have a web page or screen view.
Handling Google Analytics is not an easy task, Should have proper knowledge about how and why to use it. These top 25+ Google Analytics interview questions and answers list will clear your doubts and will give you a vast knowledge to face the challenges in this competitive industry.
Are you looking training with Right Jobs?Contact Us
- Artificial Intelligence Tutorial
- Machine Learning Tutorial
- Python Interview Questions and Answers
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- Difference between Data Lake vs Data Warehouse: A Complete Guide For Beginners with Best Practices
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- What does the Yield keyword do and How to use Yield in python ? [ OverView ]
- Agile Sprint Planning | Everything You Need to Know