What is UIPath?
Last updated on 21st Sep 2020, Artciles, Blog
Many enterprises are adopting digital methods for their operation because they understand that the future lies in routine operation being fully automated. Speed of execution and accuracy are the two biggest advantages of digitization. On the other side, the right tool and skilled manpower are the two biggest challenges of digitization. That is why the industry was looking for a fast and reliable solution which they got in the form of a RPA tool named UiPath.
What is UiPath?
UiPath is a Robotic process automation tool used for Windows desktop automation. It was founded in the year 2005 by the Romanian entrepreneurs Daniel Dines and Marius Tirca. It is used to automate boring repetitive tasks. It also eliminates human intervention. With drag and drop functionality for all activities, it is the simplest RPA tool.
Subscribe For Free Demo[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
There are lots of tools for robotic process automation, however UiPath is the most popular among them.
Following are some of the features of UiPath that makes it attractive for RPA
UiPath offers a complete solution with the help of three components namely UiPath Studio, UiPath Orchestrator and UiPath Robots.
Working with UiPath and creating robots is very instinctive because it uses drag and drop and flowchart activities. It is very easy to learn too.
Extensive Activity Library
UiPath has an extensive activity library consisting of hundreds of pre-built, drag & drop actions.
UiPath also offers high level security because we can store and encrypt the credentials on the centralized server.
UiPath provides the facility of recording as well. It has special recorders for desktop apps, Citrix environment and terminal emulators which makes creating automation much faster and precise.
It has a universal search feature which allows us to perform a single search for all automation resources like libraries, activities, projects and workflows.
UiPath offers its users a very powerful debugging which is very intuitive and flexible.
UiPath promotes collaboration too, as we can store, protect and share scripts in MS Team Foundation and SVN. We can also re-use the workflow.
UiPath also provides a third party integration facility. We can plug in various cognitive and OCR technologies from ABBYY, IBM Watson, Google, Microsoft text analysis at the API level.
Uipath allows server-based licensing which makes the licensing process centralized and easy to use.
Products of UiPath
UiPath platform is available with following three product suites −
With the help of UiPath studio, we can design our automation processes in a visual manner. It allows us to use recorders, drag and drop widgets to model our robotic processes.
The job of UiPath robots is to take over once you are done with the designing of processes in the studio and executing all the processes with perfect accuracy.
It is a browser based server application that helps us to deploy, schedule, monitor, manage robots and processes. It is a centralized platform and hence responsible for managing the robots.
Workflow In Uipath RPA
The Workflow is a set of individual processes which is executed in RPA UiPath. The Workflow activities are a part of Core Activities Pack which contains all the basic activities for creating automation projects/tasks.
These activities stimulate the robots to do the following –
- Recreate human interaction, like working with a mouse and keyboard commands or filling a form, typing and extracting content, for basic UI automation.
- To perform Image and Text Automation using OCR or Image recognition.
- Creating trigger-based events and actions performed on the machine.
- Perform browser automation, interaction, and manipulation.
- Work on data by adding more information or by obtaining information.
- Performing actions on a machine like how a normal human being works on it.
Workflow process might include a set of activities which are listed in the below table –
|For Each||UiPath.Core.Activities.ForEach||Does any activity or a group of activities on each element of a component.|
|Break||UiPath.Core.Activities.Break||Used in Exit for the For Each activity and proceeds with the next workflow activity present.|
|Retry scope||UiPath.Core.Activities.RetryScope||Retries the contained activities as long as the condition is not met or an error is thrown.|
|Check True||UiPath.Core.Activities.CheckTrue||Used to check if a given Boolean expression is true & generates an error if otherwise|
|Check false||UiPath.Core.Activities.CheckFalse||Used to check if a given Boolean expression is false & generates an error if otherwise|
|Invoke Workflow file||UiPath.Core.Activities.InvokeWorkflowFile||With or without input arguments it invokes a workflow synchronously.|
|Invoke Workflow file||UiPath.Core.Activities.InvokeWorkflowInteractive||Similar to invoke workflow file but here you can have an interactive Windows session.|
|Continue||UiPath.Core.Activities.Continue||Skips one iteration inside a For Each loop.|
|Invoke Code||UiPath.Core.Activities.InvokeCode||Invokes VB.net code with a set of arguments, this can also return Out arguments to the caller workflow.|
The below-listed ones are some of the important features of UIPath.
- 1.Hosting Options: It can be hosted on virtual terminals or cloud environments.
- 2.Application compatibility: It offers a facility to work with a wide range of applications, including web and desktop applications.
- 3.Centralised repository: This feature helps in handling all robots simultaneously by the users.
- 4.Security measures: It provides high-security auto-login features to run the bots.
- 5.Advanced Screen Scraping solution: Its scraping solution works with various types of applications such as Java, .Net, PDF, Flash, Legacy, and SAP with utmost accuracy.
- 6.The best tool for Modeling the Business process: The UIPath Studio provides automation excellence with its model business process.
- 7.Scalability and Robustness: It is equipped with features like tackling the debugging and exception handling mechanisms. Also, it looks after the activities of Artificial Intelligence like handling Outlook, Excel, PDF, etc.
As automation reaches every corner of today’s world, it has become essential for organizations in choosing the right tool that best suits their organizational needs. UIPath is having a wide variety of features that are needed for the effective implementation of automation in an organization. RPA is being used in various areas which include remote applications, scraping techniques, data handling techniques, etc. UIPath eliminates the difficulties in moving the manual processes to automation with its unique features.
Are you looking training with Right Jobs?Contact Us
- RPA Tutorial
- UiPath Interview Questions and Answers
- UIPath Tutorial
- RPA Developer Tutorial
- Blue Prism Certification Guide
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- Difference between Data Lake vs Data Warehouse: A Complete Guide For Beginners with Best Practices
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- What does the Yield keyword do and How to use Yield in python ? [ OverView ]
- Agile Sprint Planning | Everything You Need to Know