A Definitive Guide to Create a Salesforce Web-To-Lead Form | Expert’s Top Picks
Last updated on 04th Nov 2022, Artciles, Blog
- In this article you will learn:
- 1.What is Web-To-Lead?
- 2.Web-to-Lead Setup.
- 3.Data Management.
- 4.Creating Workflow Task.
What is Web-To-Lead?
Web-to-lead creates a contact form that can be integrated within existing website. Every form submission creates a lead record in a Salesforce.Salesforce web to lead is to be directly collect and capture the leads from a website and load them into a Salesforce. This is aslo built-in functionality in Salesforce. don’t need to be download or install it.
- Web–to–lead is generally the process of capturing leads online and inserting them into DB. To have a web–to–lead, place a form that can collect required information and it is further placed into a sales force lead object.
- Easily set up a page on a website to capture a new leads.
- Click on a name.
- Setup – app setup- customize – leads – web –to – lead – create web – to – load form.
- Copy HTML format to text format (notepad) with extension HTML and save it to a desktop.
- Copy the code to a text file form and at bottom of this code, paste the sales force HTML code and save it with a HTML extension and click on finish.
A report is the list of records that meets the criteria explain It’s displayed in a Salesforce in rows and columns, and can be filtered, grouped, or displayed in the graphical chart. A report can use a tabular, summary, matrix, or joined format.Each report is stored in the folder. Folders can be public, hidden, or shared, and can be set to be read-only or read/write. control who has access to contents of the folder based on a roles, permissions, public groups, and license types. can make a folder available to an entire organization, or make it private so that only a owner has access.Report data is be always generated in real-time. When a report saved, reports configuration parameters are stored – but generated data is not stored.
- Once data is collected into a data model, the data is used for different purposes such as transactional, informational, and analytical purposes.
- In analytical purposes, salesforce provides a reports and dashboards which help management.
- Reports and dashboards and forecasts are BI platform of a salesforce.
- This platform interacts with all the standard and custom objects and its a data and generates a reports.
- SF provides a vast no. of existing reports and also developer can create his own custom reports.
- The reports can be scheduled with the specific dates & specific times or else it can be a scheduled periodically.
Daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
Types of a reports:
Types of a report formats:
2. Tabular Reports:
Tabular reports are simplest and fastest way to look at a data similar to the spreadsheet, they consist simply of ordered set of fields in a columns, with every matching record listed in the row while easily setup. They can’t be used to create groups of a data or graphs. But can use a it as a source report for the dashboard table or chart component, if limit the number of rows it returns.
3. Work Flow:
Workflow is one of most powerful native tools are available in Salesforce. It allows to automate standard internal procedures and processes to a save time across on organization. A workflow rule is main container for a set of a workflow instructions.Automatic process, URL occurrence of event:
Types of a workflow:
- Immediate workflow.
- Time-dependent workflow.
Things to be a considered when writing a workflow:
- Evaluation criteria.
- 1Rule criteria.
- Action: – based on a criteria, will perform an action.
Workflow supports are 4 types of actions:
- Assign a task.
- Sends an email.
- Update a field.
- Send an outdated msg.
A Workflow compliments:
4. Summary Reports:
A summary field contains a numeric values for which want to know a sum, the average, or the highest or lowest. Summary fields are show at all grouping levels. In a summary and matrix reports, they also appear at a grand total level.Summary reports are not only similar to a tabular reports but also allows users to group rows of data, view subtotals, and create charts. These reports are used when requirement is to a summarize only X-Axis.In short, if need to do the sum or calculate average on even a one parameter, then a summary report is answer.
- Use a summary reports when want subtotals based on a value of a particular field or where want to create a hierarchically grouped report, such as sales organized by and then by a quencher.
5. Matrix Report:
Matrix reports are most complex kind of a reports available, allowing to group records both by a row and column:
- Use a matrix reports when want to see a data from two various dimensions that are not related, like a date and product.
The dashboard are provides a graphical view of a data in a reports.A dashboard shows a data from source reports as a visual components, which can be charts, gauges, tables, matrices, or a visual force pagesEvery dashboard can have up to 20 components. Users can view any dashboard available in the public folder in their organization, like company dashboards.
- K P I → knowledge of performance indicator.
- Q T R → Quote a Tabular Report.
Creating Workflow Task:
- A Workflow tasks, assigns a new task to a user, role, or record owner.
- To get started with the workflow tasks.
- Click a name → setup → create → workflows and approvals → Tasks.
1. Creating Email Alerts:
Email Alerts are basis for many of email notifications that are automated in a system such as confirmation messages to volunteers when they sign-up as well as a notifying agencies of sign-ups. They are nothing but, an emails generated by an automated process and sent to be designated recipients. These actions consist of a standard text and the list of a recipients for an email. An Email alerts are actions are associated with a workflow rules, approval processes, or entitlement processes. An Email alert sends an email to one or more recipients can specify.
2. Defining Field Updates:
A Field update changes a value of a field. For eg., it automatically changes owner field on contract of a three days, before it expires.
Salesforce allows to effortlessly construct a web-to-lead forms that capture information about visitors to a website, which can be done in these simple steps. In Salesforce, data is instantly saved as a new lead records. Salesforce are Web-To-Lead feature offers an simple way to get leads from websites (without any integrations) and then save them into a Salesforce system. Sales teams and marketing teams can make a most of this feature to be contact interested website visitors, plan targeted marketing campaigns, and convert these visitors to a business partners.
Are you looking training with Right Jobs?Contact Us
- Testing APEX In Salesforce | A Complete Guide For Beginners [ OverView ]
- Top 10 Features of Salesforce Lightning | Expert’s Top Picks
- A Definitive Guide to Create a Salesforce Web-To-Lead Form | Expert’s Top Picks
- What is Cloud Computing Technology with SalesForce Integration | How its Work [ OverView ]
- Salesforce Boosts its Marketing Cloud with Partnership with AI and Google | A Complete Guide For Beginners
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- Difference between Data Lake vs Data Warehouse: A Complete Guide For Beginners with Best Practices
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- What does the Yield keyword do and How to use Yield in python ? [ OverView ]
- Agile Sprint Planning | Everything You Need to Know