[50+] Best WebMethods Interview Questions and Answers
Last updated on 23rd Sep 2022, Blog, Interview Question
1.Explain about an EAI?
Enterprise application integration EAI. unites databases and workflows for the business applications. It allows an integration of applications from disparate platforms to share business processes. It simplifies and automates business processes without having to make changes to existing systems.
2.What are the webMethods?
webMethods is an integration platform that focuses on application integration,business process integration, and B2B partner integration. It offers a flow services to map any data format into a other format and connects applications together. It was founded by a Phillip Merrick and Caren Merrick in 1996 and was later acquired by a Software AG in 2007.
3. Name the modules in a webMethods Product Suite?
- Integration and B2B.
- Service-Oriented Architecture.
- Business Process Management.
- Business Activity Monitoring.
4. List the tools of a webMethods Integration?
- webMethods Integration Server.
- webMethods Integration Platform.
- webMethods Adapters.
- webMethods Developer.
- webMethods Broker.
- webMethods Monitor.
- webMethods eStandards Modules.
- webMethods Optimize for Infrastructure.
- webMethods Trading Networks.
- webMethods EDI Module.
- webMethods EDIINT.
- webMethods PIM.
5. What happens when a pub.flow: trace pipeline service is invoked?
When invoke a pub.flow:tracePipeline service, the Integration Server logs name-value pairs in the pipeline.
6. What is a primary function of the built-in a pub.flow: save pipeline service?
It saves a current pipeline to a specific memory location on an Integration Server.
7. How can remove the system lock from element?
Can remove the system locks by a making the server-side files of an element as readable. Right-click on locked element, and select lock properties, to view the server-side files of that element. Make the files as readable to unlock them and click on a refresh button.
8. What is the use of Web Service Connector?
A Web service connector is a flow service that contains an input and output signatures. It is generated from a WSDL document in the Integration Server. It invokes a Web Service on a various web server.
9. How to invoke service from a browser?
To invoke a service, open a browser and give a below.
10. Can restore a session on the server?
If the server goes down or if there is a issues with the network, the developer gets disconnected from a server. When a server gets back online, the developer will get connected to it automatically, and the session will get be restored.
11. What is a process for opening the session?
Open an Integration Server and select ‘session’ from a toolbar menu. Give the IP address and port details of the server that want to connect to.Give the username and password and a click on ‘connect’.
12. How can change a JVM used by Integration Server?
Can change a JDK used by webMethods by updating it in either an IntegrationServer\in\server.bat file or IntegrationServer/bin/server.sh file. Change the JDK path as follows and save a file. SET JAVA_DIR=
13. Explain about a startup service?
Startup services are used to generate a initialization files or for preparing environment. The server automatically executes the startup service when it loads a package.
14. What is shutdown service?
Shutdown services are used for an executing cleanup tasks like closing files and purging temporary data. It gets automatically executed when a package is unloaded from the memory.
15. Explain a use of a pipeline in a webMethods?
Pipeline refers to the data structure that maintains the input and output values of flow service. It collects a inputs and outputs from subsequent services in a flow. When execute a service in the flow, it will access the data from a pipeline.
16. Define a structural transformations?
Structural transformations refer to a transformation of data in hierarchical nature. It involved a splitting data into several fields, merging fields, renaming fields, etc.
17. What is flow service?
Can use a flow service to wrap the sequence of services within a single service. It manages a flow of data among the services. can write the flow service in the webMethods flow language.
18. What are the ways to check a memory usage?
- Administrator Page.
- Top command.
- Free command.
19. Explain about a webMethods Developer?
webMethods Developer is like IDE used for a developing code in the webMethods Integration Server. can write a graphical flows, create, and configure web services. It also provides a tools to test and debug created flows.
20. If a flow exit does not specify a ‘form’, what is a default behavior?
If the exit is not specified in loop, it will throw java.lang.NullPointerException.
21. How do ACLs affect the locking?
Can give authorization to the specific user group by using a ACLs (Access Control List. . An element can have various ACLs assigned for every level of access. Users in the allowed list of the ACLs can lock an element.
22. Can change the order of steps in the flow service?
A flow service has an order of sequence of steps. can change the order of these steps by an using the buttons present on a editor panel. can use ‘Shift Up’ and ‘Shift Down’ buttons to change a steps, ‘Shift Left’ and ‘Shift Right’ buttons to move service or branch in the sequence.
23. Explain the difference between the drop and delete pipeline variable?
The drop pipeline variable is used for a removing a variable from a list of variables. It makes variable available for garbage collection.The delete pipeline variable is for removing the variable from the current view. If the variable is also present in a previous pipeline, it will appear when change the view.
24. How can sort using a JDBC select adapter service?
The sort function is available in a ‘select’ tab. It has a column that says ‘Sort Order’ where can specify a column that want to sort by.
25. Can organize a connection pools?
Avoid connection pool sharing across various functional areas, even if they are pointing to a same database. If the pool is being used by multiple types, then it becomes complex to tune the size of the pool. It is also complex to change the database settings without impacting a other.
26. Can use a sequence as a target of a branch?
Absolutely, the branch may be directed toward a series. to make sure the branch step’s evaluate label attribute is set to true. The sequence’s label should then be set to an input value.
27. Explain about the branch operation?
The branch operation supports a conditional processing. It is same to if-then-else functionality in other programming languages. Based on a value of a variable at runtime, a branch operation gets to be executed conditionally.
28. What are some of the common problems faced while migrating a project?
- A missing jar file.
- Thread hung.
- JDBC adapter is not for suspending.
- The scheduler is missed in an internal DB or the next run time is not visible.
29. What should set a count parameter to repeat operation to execute as long as a specified repeat condition remains true?
To execute a repeat operation as long as a specified condition, have to set a count parameter to ‘-1’.
30. What is a default port to which the webMethods integration service has HTTP listener?
The default port for a HTTP listener is 5555.
31. What is DMZ in webMethods?
The area between a two firewalls is the DMZ (demilitarized-zone). The servers in this area don’t included a business logic or data, and have access to the internal server(internal IS). The enterprise gateway will be in a demilitarized-zone between two firewalls.
32. What are the Main categories of EAI?
Integration can be at various application layers:
Data Level Integration:
- Batch data transfer, OR
- On-line propagation of a data updates
API Level Integration:
- Data is an accessed through a published API services
Service Method Level Integration:
- Common services shared by a various applications
User Interface Level Integration:
- The controller reacts to a user input. It creates a and sets the model.
- Common user interface (e.g. web based. for unified access to a multiple applications.
33. What are the Advantages of an EAI?
- Streamlines business processes and helps to raise organizational efficiency.
- Real time information access the among systems.
- Maintains information integrity across a multiple systems.
- Speedier transactions at a reduced costs.
- If one of a applications misbehaves and requires it to be shut down for the maintenance, then with EAI, can simply decouple it from the rest of the systems. Which avoids having to bring down the other systems.
34. What are the main companies which provide an EAI tools / software?
- MQSeries (IBM.
- BizTalk (Microsoft.
- WebLogic (BEA.
35. What Is the Element?
An element is an item that exists in a Navigation panel in webMethods Developer.Elements included a folders, services, specifications, IS document types, triggers, and ISschemas. In Navigation panel, servers and packages are not considered to be an elements.
36. What Is a Pipeline?
The pipeline is the general term used to refer to a data structure in which input and output values are maintained for flow service. It allows services in the flow to share a data.The pipeline starts with an input to the flow service and collects inputs and outputs from a subsequent services in a flow. When a service in a flow executes, it has access to all data in a pipeline at that point.
37. What happens when a pub.flow:tracePipeline service is invoked?
The Integration Server logs a name-value pairs in a pipeline at that time.
38. When creating a BRANCH flow element, what is a purpose of the “scope” field on t a properties tab?
To restrict a pipeline access to only a data in this document.
39. What is the primary function of a built-in pub.flow:savePipeline service?
Save the current pipeline to a named memory location on an Integration Server.
40. For a REPEAT operation to execute as long as a specified repeat condition remains true, the count parameter needs to be se?
The count parameter needs to set to a “-1 ” .
41. The Flow Services are physically stored on a webMethods Integration Server in the form of:?
Flow Services are physically stored on a webMethods Integration Server as a “XML” files.
42. What Is a Default Behaviour, If A Flow Exit Does Not Specify A “from”?
$loop will be assumed, and com.wm.lang.flow.FlowException will be thrown if an EXIT is not in a LOOP.
43. An Integration Server Package May Have a One Or More Startup Services. When Does Startup Service Execute
Whenever a package is to be reloaded or reloaded.
44. By Default, The Webmethods Integration Server Has Http Listener Assigned To a Which Port?
The Port is a 5555.
45. How Can Webmethods Integration Server Logging Date Format to Be Changed?
By editing a watt.server.dateStampFmt parameter in a server.cnf file.
46. When Creating a Flow Services, What Is a Purpose Of A Sequence Operation?
The purpose of the Sequence operation is to group a subset of Flow operations so that they are treated as the unit.
47. If The Webmethods Integration Server Is Started With a From The Server Root Directory With This Command, “binserver.bat debug9 -log None”, What Does This Tell a Server To Do?
Start in a level 9 debug mode and write all the server log information to a screen.
48. After A Default Installation, In Order To Use Pub.file:getfile Service, What is Needs To Be Done?
pub.file: getFile does not need any modifications to an Integration Server.
49. How To Move a Flow Steps?
Open the webMethods developer in the EditPrespective.Select the flow step move just drag it to a place want to move.Otherwise use the arrow buttons on a editor pane to move a selected flow steps.
50. How To Find a Elements In a Navigation Panel?
Just right click on a element which want to see then click Locate in a navigation option then can see that element in a navigation panel.
51. How Do Change The Jvm Used By a Integration Server?
- To change to a JDK used by webMethods that will need to edit the IntegrationServerbinserver.bat or IntegrationServer/bin/server.sh file used to start up an Integration Server.
- Edit a file and change the following line to a point to the JDK path.
- SET JAVA_DIR=C:optj2sdk1.4.2.
52. How Do See a Java Code For a Flow Service?
Flow is not turned into a java code. It resides on disk as a XML representing the flow operations which is then parsed and turned into the in-memory java tree of operations. Although the underlying code that implements a flow operations is java, it is stored on a disk as XML.
53. How Do Throw An Exception When Using Try-catch Block?
Set a flag in catch block or leave a variable holding an error message in a pipeline. Outside the catch block put a branch on that a variable or flag and if it is non-null then exit with the failure or call the service that generates a exception.
54. How Should Organise a Connection Pools?
If adapter notifications and adapter services then will need to have a two separate connections. Otherwise may get strange errors about transactions and like. should also avoid having the connection pools shared across various functional areas, even if they are pointing to a same database. The reason for this is that tuning the size of a pool becomes quite complex if have a multiple types of usage of a pool. also unable to easily change a database settings for one without impacting on the other.One approach that seems to work a quite well is to have separate pools for every package (generally. not a hard and the fast rule though. , as a packages should generally be divided up a according to the functional area too.
55. How To Preserve the Existing Pipeline Before A Restore Pipeline Step?
Set a “$merge” variable in restorePipeline or “merge” in a restorePipelineFromFile to be true. This will ensure that to be everything in the pipeline before restorePipeline step is to be preserved.
56. Explain about a Pub-Sub Architecture, where do implement this?
1. Point-to-point Architecture: In this architecture source system will publish a data and the target system will receive data.
2. Point-to-Multiple Architecture: In this Source system will publish a data to Broker, from broker a multiple target systems will subscribe.
57. When use a REPEAT, EXIT flow steps?
- REPEAT step is used when want a specific step to be repeated provided with the some conditions.
- EXIT step is used to exit from any loop or from a whole flow step.
58. What are the client groups?
client groups contains the list of clients and it configures which documents its client could publish and also subscribe to.
59. What are disadvantages of EAI?
Constant change: The very nature of an EAI is dynamic and requires a dynamic project managers to manage their implementation.
Lack of EAI experts : EAI needs knowledge of more issues and technical aspects.
EAI is tool paradigm: EAI is not a tool, but rather a system and should be an implemented as such.
Building interfaces is art : Engineering the solution is be not sufficient. Solutions need to be negotiated with the user departments to reach a common consensus on a final outcome. A lack of consensus on interface designs leads to an excessive effort to map between different systems data requirements.
Loss of a detail : Information that seemed unimportant at earlier stage may become crucial later.
Accountability : Since so many departments have more conflicting requirements, there should be a clear accountability for the system’s final structure.
60. How ACLs Affect locking?
ACLS are used to give a authorization to the particular user groups. If give ACL to the administrator then a admin group users who are there in that group can have access to that specific service. Otherwise can not use it. This is called the ACL locking.
61. what are the indices in a MAP flow steps?
In MAP Step Indices Is When Have an Array of data if need to MAP One of the elements in Array to a target Element then can Use the indices.
62. Explain that IS is thread or process?
A single process might contain a multiple threads; allthreads within a process share a same state and same memory space, and can communicate with each other directly,because they share a same variables. This is process.
63. Explain What are new features in 8.0 compared to 7.1?
- My webmethods.
- webMethods ApplinX.
- webMethods Business Events.
- webMethods Business Rules.
- webMethods communicate.
- webMethods Content Service Platform.
- webMethods Mediator.
- webMethods OneData.
- webMethods ProcessEngine.
- webMethods designer.
64. If don’t want to repeat then what do need to do?
Put exit step in a repeat loop whenever want to exit from the repeat.
65. Scenario: have a loop A, under which i have a child loop B, under which have a Branch with a few services with a condition. If a condition is satisfied , then need my branch to exit from loop B. What should do?
Place a Exit Step to inside the branch condition and set a property exit from to “Loop”.
66. What are the extended settings?
Extended settings are basically done for a specifying values to some of an internal keys of the Integration server.Like can specify a java compiler at this setting and whenever compile any java service IS will take this compiler only for the compiling the java code.
67. If have a parent sequence with a property set- exit on success, n the try sequence block set to the exit on failure, n the catch sequence block too set to a failure, what is a result?
In this case if any step in try block fails it will exit that and come to a catch block and if any step in the catch block fails it will exit from the catch block and skip rest of flow steps.
68. How to convert the document list to document?If the document list contains a documents and documents contain strings field. How to be convert?
Directly invoked the service pub.document:documentListToDocument to convert a document list into document.This service is a built in services and its available in a wMpublic package in developer.
69. How can catch exception errors on run time mode using a Flow language in WebMethods? and how can send an error description as output parameter?
- sequence ———- Succeeded
- sequence ————- try block——
- sequence ————- catchBlock—–
- invoke getLastError service
70. What is a file (.jar. name that is shared between WebMethods integrated with the JD Edwards?
Connector.jar, database.jar, jdeutil.jar, kernel.jar, log4j.jar, xalan.jar, xerces.jar, XTS.jar are Jar files that need to paste in a “EnterpriseOne_install_dir system classes”.
71. When to use loop in program?
Loop is used to repeat a particular block of code an unknown number of a times, until a condition is met. For example, if want to ask a user for a number between 1 and 10, don’t know how many times the user may enter the larger number, so keep asking “while the number is not between 1 and 10”.
72. Is it safe to use a webMethods for a government?
With full auditability & traceability, can validate data all way back to its trusted source. webMethods is not only a fast and reliable, it’s secure, so you won’t have to worry about to any problems in that regard. There’s no need to be wait. Connect systems in a cloud today using a webMethods Government Integration Hub.
73. What is the use of a webMethods in business?
WebMethods are major purposes is business process management, application integration and service bus deployment. Three directions contain all parts of a Corporate Digitalization which are promoted by a vendor of WebM – Software AG.
74. Why do need a webMethods for government integration?
Complex integration projects often mean failed the projects and slower time to market. Not with a webMethods. The Government Integration Hub built on webMethods simplifies a connecting everything from IoT devices to legacy systems, across a government resources and with industry partners and financial institutions.
75. What does webMethods appmesh mean for a Microservices management?
Bring order to a microservices chaos. webMethods AppMesh is chaos-killer platform, built to bring application context to the microservices landscape. Manage microservices alongside an APIs from same UI.
76. Do need webMethods connectors by a dozen?
Connectors by a dozen let plug applications into webMethods Integration Server—no coding required! These are connectors “speak” Salesforce.com®, SAP, Oracle®, J2EE®, .NET® and the most other leading technologies. Go to a market faster!
77. What do need to know about a webMethods Io B2B?
Business documents that partners typically exchange an include purchase orders, order statuses, purchase order acknowledgments, invoices, and the other domain-specific documents. webMethods.io B2B enables a corporation to connect to other organizations to form the business-to-business (B2B. network.
78. What do need to know about a webMethods fabric?
webMethods is a company that specializes in a business process integration software for an enterprise. The company’s flagship product a suite provides an integrated platform that includes a both service-oriented architecture (SOA. and business process management (BPM. . The webMethods Fabric suite is used by a 1,500 customers around the globe.
79. Where are the headquarters of a webMethods, Inc.?
Optimizing an efficiency of business processes leads to improved a business process productivity and ROI. webMethods was founded in a 1996 and is based in Fairfax, The company has offices throughout an United States, Europe, Asia Pacific and Japan. webMethods (WEBM. is publicly traded on a Nasdaq.
80. When to use a functional acknowledgments in a webmethods.io B2B?
Functional acknowledgments are generated only for the inbound documents from a trading partner. Functional acknowledgments are not created when document submission is internally tested using a Test Document feature, or when a document is submitted to a webMethods.io B2B by an integration.
81. Which is a preferred outbound channel in webmethods.io?
A preferred outbound channel refers to the partner’s preferred protocol through which it wants to receive a documents from webMethods.io B2B. In a webMethods.io B2B, go to a Partners > Profiles. Click a partner profile for which want to associate an outbound channel.
82. How to access a webmethods.io B2B business documents?
Can access these documents on a webMethods.io Integration by using the EDI application. In a webMethods.io B2B, go to a Documents > Add Document > EDI . Select a following information as required. The document standard from a list as required. For a complete list of the standard documents, see Supported Business Documents.
83. Is it easier to connect a SAAS apps with webMethods?
With webMethods.io Integration, it’s never been easier to connect the SaaS apps. A powerful integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS. , it provides a combination of the capabilities offered by ESBs, data integration systems, API management tools and B2B gateways.
84. Do need a firewall for the webMethods Integration?
Quickly connect to a webMethods Integration Server to webMethods.io Integration to create a reliable and secure cloud-to-on-premises integrations. All connections are initiated from the on-premises Integration Server, without needing a firewall ports.
85. How does webmethods.io integration work with the Evernote?
The translated text will then be sent to a Gmail account. All this will be done automatically, within a seconds. If 10 notes are created in an Evernote account, webMethods.io Integration will repeat a same process 10 times, while you sit and watch magic happen. This is an example of simple workflow.
86. Which is a best integration platform for SaaS?
Software AG’s open integration platform is simply scalable, ready to integrate a on-premises applications to SaaS applications and proven by leading enterprises. Analysts consistently recognize a Software AG for integration capabilities.
87. How does a webhook work with the webmethods.io?
As soon as an event occurs in this external source, it will send JSON payload via an HTTP POST request to a webMethods.io Integration. This payload contains the details of a event. A webhook can work as the trigger for workflow.
88. How to rename a webmethods.io integration workflow canvas?
Click on a Create New Workflow button. will see the webMethods.io Integration workflow canvas. To rename a workflow, click on the Edit icon given beside workflow name, at the top left corner of canvas. A new window appears from where can modify a workflow details such as name, tags and description.
89. How can use webhook with Evernote?
- For instance, can provide a webhook URL to Evernote, and explain .
- that the URL should be notified whenever a new note is created in an account. Now, whenever a new note is created in the Evernote account, Evernote will make an HTTP POST request (with details of a created note in its body.
90. How to fetch a webhook payload from webmethods.io?
While configuring a request, ensure to provide a request body in JSON format and set the content-type to a JSON (Application/JSON. . Next, navigate back to the Webhook configuration window in a webMethods.io Integration and click on Fetch to retrieve Webhook payload data.
91. How to add an Auth to webmethods.io integration?
Authorization – For Postman to send this a HTTP request, will first have to enter a Username and Password associated with the webMethods.io Integration tenant. To do this, click on Authorization tab, set Type to Basic Auth, and add a credentials in the Username and Password fields. Next]
92. How big is webhook payload in AWS?
For both AWS and Azure, webhook payload is supported up to a 10 MB. The webhook payload data added in a source workflow is not retained when the workflow is cloned, imported, or deployed. will need to reconfigure webhook settings in each cloned, imported, and deployed workflow. To configure a webhook payload, click on the Next button.
93. What happens when reprocess a document in a webMethods?
When reprocess a document, can send the document back through the processing rules. For example, will reprocess a document if the document was processed by a wrong processing rule. Note: If reprocess a document for which the document attributes were not saved, the document will not match with the processing rules that use that criteria.
94. Why do need webmethods.io integration platform?
The rapid adoption of SaaS applications are Salesforce.com®, Marketo®, SuccessFactors® and ServiceNow® is driving the need to an integrate cloud applications fast. webMethods.io Integration is an Integration Platform as Service (iPaaS. that brings this capability to the entire organization.
95. What are the advantages of using a webMethods in business?
The Advantage of using a Webmethods: It delivers an Improved business responsiveness: Get real-time visibility into the enterprise-wide business processes & up minute status information.
User-focused information: That explains the exact data to be captured to support are analytical & decision-making requirements.
96. What are the webMethods used for?
webMethods is an Integration tool which helps to connect a 2 heterogeneous systems. It has built in tools to fastly connectp most of the systems without any existing code changes to a end systems.
97. What is a Load Balancer in webMethods?
Load balancing enables the distribution of messages received across an API Gateway nodes. Clustering helps in attaining the more availability functionality as well as a load balancing. In addition, a cluster providesa fault tolerance that ensures recovery of the events and metrics in case a node goes down.
98. What can do with a flowservices integration?
With FlowServices, can encapsulate a sequence of services within the single service and manage the flow of data among them, and create complex, advanced integration scenarios involving a multiple application endpoints. In a Flow Editor, you used a graphical drag and drop tool to create the integrations.
99. How does a loop work in a webmethods.io?
Identify a single array field to use as input when set the properties for a Loop. can also designate a single field for output. Loop collects an output value each time it runs through a loop and creates an output array that contains the collected output values.
100. What does loop action do in webMethods?
The Loop action lets run an action or a set of actions in a loop. When drag this action to the canvas, it looks like a block, within which can add a multiple actions and create a mini-workflow.
101. What’s the difference between a repeat and loop?
Repeat: Repeat is the conditional based flow step. The execution of a child steps will depend on “REPEAT ON” value (SUCCESS / FAILURE in property panel. . Loop: should perform a loop operation onthe array of items (String list/Document list/Object list.
Are you looking training with Right Jobs?Contact Us
- Hadoop Interview Questions and Answers
- Apache Spark Tutorial
- Hadoop Mapreduce tutorial
- Apache Storm Tutorial
- Apache Spark & Scala Tutorial
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- Difference between Data Lake vs Data Warehouse: A Complete Guide For Beginners with Best Practices
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- What does the Yield keyword do and How to use Yield in python ? [ OverView ]
- Agile Sprint Planning | Everything You Need to Know