Automation Anywhere Interview Questions and Answers
Last updated on 25th Sep 2020, Blog, Interview Question
Automation is a core component in today’s digital business world, and that means more job openings and career opportunities. Organizations and businesses are stepping up their recruitment efforts, too, interviewing more candidates than ever.
If you are one of those hopefuls, then you must brush up on your automation knowledge before sitting down for that all-important interview. We present to you a valuable preparation guide for aspiring Automation Anywhere professionals, with two dozen popular questions you will most likely be asked during your interview.
The questions are divided into basic, intermediate, and advanced categories, and are ideal for refreshing your set of robotic process automation skills. While space restrictions prevent us from addressing every possible question, this selection covers a good range of the more likely ones.
Naturally, practice makes perfect, so after you’ve familiarized yourself with these automation anywhere questions, why not take a practice test?
Let us now begin learning from some of the top automation anywhere interview questions by beginning with the basic level questions.
1. What do you mean by automation? What are its benefits?
It is basically a process to automate the tasks and processes with the help of automatic equipment which are based on technology. It is helpful for the businesses to consider automation as it enhances efficiency and cuts down the errors from several business processes and transactions. Also, human interference can be avoided up to a great extent. A number of processes can be automated with the use of specific equipment and expertise.
2. When exactly will you automate a test?
There are certain cases when we can consider the same. For example, repeating tasks. During such a scenario, automating a test saves a lot of time as well as Human efforts. In addition to this, tests with more than one data set can be made more efficient through this approach. Also, regression test cases, as well as Smoke & Sanity tests are also the conditions when automating a test is a good option. However, the final decision is always based on Return-on-Investment.
3. What do you know about the common steps that are involved in Automation anywhere process?
The very first thing is to select or consider the test tool. After this, the next step is to define the scope of automation anywhere followed by the steps planning, designing, as well as development. Next step is Testing execution and the final step is maintenance. It is necessary to follow the steps in the defined sequence to eliminate confusion.
4. What are the important factors that must be taken care of while planning Automation anywhere?
Before doing anything, the very first thing to pay attention to is selecting the Automation tool that is beneficial. It is necessary to pay equal attention to the framework in case it is present. The test environment setup is also necessary to consider on priority. Another factor that matters a lot is identifying the test Deliverables. In addition to this, factors such as the timeline of the project and its execution are the other factors that must be taken care of during the planning phase.
5. Is it possible to use Automation Anywhere testing an Agile method? What are the factors that can affect it?
Yes, it’s possible. However, there are conditions in which it is not useful. The very first thing is frequently changing the needs of Agile testing. In such a case, it is not possible to use it. Many times there is a need for a complex level of documentation. In such situations also the testing for an agile method is not useful. However, in case of continuous integration, it is possible to use it simply.
6. What are the automation tools you are certified in?
The answer to this question depends on you. You can mention here about the tools you have good command or skills in. Generally, it is asked from experienced professionals in Automation.
7. What are the features you would look for while selecting a tool for automation anywhere?
The tools must be easy to use and have test environment support available simply. It must have debug ability for the smooth operations. It is quite true that testing images and objects are the important aspects of Automation Anywhere. Therefore, it must have a better image and object testing ability. Also, it must be capable of testing the database. Object identification, as well as multiple framework support, are the other features that must be there in a tool for Automation Anywhere.
8. Name any five things which you can automate?
Below are the following five things:
- 1. Smoke Sanity test suite.
- 2. Smoke test suite.
- 3. Automation behind GUI.
- 4. Build deployment.
- 5. Test data creation.
9. What factors are important to consider for the scripting standard for Automation Anywhere Testing?
For every ten lines of code, there should be three lines of code. Maximum use of framework wherever possible is also an important factor Proper indentation, Uniform naming convention, Error handling and management are some of the factors that must be considered.
10. Name any two important tools for Automation anywhere testing?
There are several tools but the ones that are considered as best are Rational Robot and QTP. Both of them are equally powerful and help to get results that totally error free.
Subscribe For Free Demo[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
11. What are the reasons for not considering manual testing in automation anywhere approach?
The biggest issue is it needs a lot of additional resources as well as it’s a time-consuming process if done manually. There are certain chances of lots of errors that can declare their presence due to inaccuracy. When projects are time bound or when they are extremely large, obviously, it’s not a wise option to consider manual testing. It can degrade the performance of resources performing testing due to losing interest by performing the same task again and again in a short time span.
12. What do you know about the type of framework that is used in Automation Anywhere software?
There are four important frameworks that are commonly used. First is Keyword Driven Automation Framework. Next is Data-driven automation framework. The third is Hybrid Automation Framework and last is Modular automation framework.
13. What is Selenium? What do you know about it?
It is basically a framework for the test suite that is widely considered in Automation anywhere approach. Selenium is open source and can be very useful when it comes to automating the mobile, as well as web environments. Its wide support for scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP, Perl, and so on makes it one of the best frameworks.
14. What do you mean by Sikuli?
It is basically an important tool in Automation that can simply be used when it comes to graphical user interface. It makes use of the VIM method and contains several web elements.
15. What are the uses of Sikuli?
Sikuli is a powerful tool that can be used for automating the flash objects, as well as websites. Whenever there is a need for a simple API, it can simply be used. Also, it can be integrated with a number of frameworks such as Java, .Net. Windows-based applications can be automated simply with the help of Sikuli. Moreover, it is possible to link it with other tools such as Selenium.
16. How will you handle errors in automation anywhere approach?
Modern tools used in the scenario are powerful for this matter. The fact is automation software is equipped with an error-handling mechanism to spot the errors that often declare their presence. In case any manual action is required, the same can be done by building a logic in the system. This can be done based on nature and the exact cause of the problem.
17. In the Automation Anywhere approach, what exactly will you automate first?
Modern automation software is equipped with one of the best features and i.e. they can calculate ROI and provide useful information on tasks that offer advantages and simply help in knowing what exactly to be automated first. Obviously, this cut down the confusion that often comes due to the priority of automation. Suggestions from the employees in case of its implementation in a business can also be taken so that complex processes can be automated first and employees’ burden can be reduced. It is true that this can enhance their efficiency.
18. What types of different systems are required for Automation Anywhere?
Any type of system can be considered because there is no necessity of back-end coding. This is one of the leading advantages of this approach as well.
19. What is the purpose of Automation Anywhere and what are the challenges associated?
Automation Anywhere is a good approach that aims to save time and cut down the human errors. It is basically a form of artificial intelligence that is helpful in making the tasks and processes more superior in every aspect. The biggest challenges associated with the present scenario are skills shortage and sometimes cost. However, a lot of tasks can be made run without a break without worrying about their failure.
20. Compare Sikuli and Selenium?
Both Sikuli and Selenium are powerful tools that can be used in Automation Anywhere. However, both have their own pros and cons associated with them. Sikuli supports automating the flash objects while Selenium doesn’t. Sikuli is useful for automating the Windows as well as web applications. On the other side, Selenium can work only on web applications. A visual match is present in the Sikuli whereas Selenium lacks the same.
21. What should be paid attention to during the task creation?
A lot of methods are available to ensure Automation is under control and is actually not wasting money, time and efforts. Task creation is basically a useful approach that simply lets the automation process work reliably provided you engage only those in the processes who have good skills.
22. What should be the best strategies to work on Automation according to you?
The very first thing is to pay attention to the fact whether the process can actually be automated or not. Sometimes it is possible but there are more cons than pros. This should be examined carefully in the initial phase. Next strategy is to consider small implementations and then build up slowly. This will surely tackle the complex processes. At the same time, there is a need to pay attention to other important facts and information security. It is an important task and must be designed as early as possible. Another strategy that must be considered is to transform the operation which can be done through the best available tools.
23. Is it possible to achieve 100% automation?
Yes, it is possible but generally extremely complex. Complete automation even has a lot of disadvantages too. Generally, it is not the primary target in any automation process and operations that aim the same are not considered in most of the projects based on automation.
24. What do you mean by a framework?
It is basically nothing but a group of the structure of an automation suit. It also provides a lot of useful information on several aspects such as Data reporting in case of larger projects, Handling test data, Environment files handling, Coding standards associated, Handling & maintaining elements, Handling logs, as well as handling properties files.
25. Name a few automation tools you heard about? Are all tools free?
There are lots of tools available and not all of them are free. Selenium and JMeter are basically open sources. The paid ones are Loadrunner, RFT, DTP, Rational, Ranorex.
26. What are the tasks that should regularly be monitored in Automation?
Running the scripts regularly is a good practice. It must be considered on priority as through this practice it is possible to keep a close eye on scripts and any errors if they come can be detected immediately. Identification of strategies which are reusable and writing it in a separate file is another practice to be followed. Adding appropriate comments and following the coding conventions are the other useful strategies.
27. Name the different recorders available in Automation Anywhere?
- 1. Object Recorder
- 2. Easy recorder
- 3. Web Recorder
28. What are the characteristics of a good framework for Automation Anywhere?
Many times there is a need to change certain things associated with automation due to a diverse array of reasons. This can be done only if the framework is adaptable to them. A good framework always has this feature. The scripts must be independent of everything. A framework must follow all the practices related to coding. In addition to this, a framework must be reusable. Having a reporting feature is another important characteristic that any framework must have. In addition to this, it must have a feature to integrate with other applications and frameworks.
29. Is it possible to read PDF through Automation Anywhere?
Yes, it is possible.
30. What factors are important to consider for the scripting standard for Automation Anywhere Testing?
The important factors are:
- 1. For every ten lines of code, there should be three lines of code.
- 2. Maximum use of framework wherever possible is also an important factor
- 3. Proper indentation, Uniform naming convention, Error handling, and management.
Get Automation Anywhere Training from Industry Experts Trainers
- Instructor-led Sessions
- Real-life Case Studies
31. What do you mean by QTP?
It stands for Quick test professional and is basically an Automation tool that is considered in test environments.
32. Mention various types of variables available in Task editor
Various types of variables available in Task editor are:
33. List various options available for error handling
Various options available for error handling are:
- 1. Err number
- 2. Err description
- 3. Continue/exit task
- 4. Take snapshot
- 5. Log
- 6. Send email
- 7. Variable assignment
- 8. Run another task
34. How to lock, shutdown, and restart machines using Automation Anywhere?
Command SYSTEM, which is available in sub-menu, can be used to lock, shutdown, and restart machines using Automation Anywhere.
35. What is the use of a variable in Automation Anywhere?
Variables can help programmers to fetch online data to transform between two or more applications like MS Excel. Automation Anywhere is designed with different types of variables that can be defined for each task.
36. Name the command that is used to hold BOT extension
Delay is the command that can be used to hold the BOT execution for some amount of time and then continue.
37. What is the primary aim of using Automation Anywhere Control Room?
The primary aim of using Automation Anywhere Control Room are:
- 1. Server settings
- 2. Registering a client
- 3. Uploading tasks
38. How to create a timestamp for particular tasks using Automation Anywhere?
The timestamp for particular tasks using Automation Anywhere can be created using variables like:
39. Mention the difference between Email Automation Command and Send Email command?
Email Automation command is used to automatically manage incoming mails, extract attachments to a particular folder, etc. Send email commands are used to trigger the emails and include the attachments and format it in HTML.
40. Define hotkey and how to assign a hotkey to a task?
A hotkey is a shortcut key that is used to run the task in Automation Anywhere Enterprise Client. A hotkey can be assigned by selecting a task and clicking on the property.
41. What is a modular testing framework?
Modular testing framework is a tester that divides the whole application into small modules and creates test scripts individually. These scripts are combined to make larger test scripts by using a master script to achieve the goal.
42. What is a trigger?
The Trigger enables a task to run automatically for a particular event that occurs on your PC. For example, a trigger can be used when any new window opens, or a specific file is created.
43. What is the command to launch any website?
The command to launch any website is:
- Launch Website Activity
44. What are Bot Creators?
Bot creators are a command that is used to create a bot.
45. How to read CSV files using Automation Anywhere?
Perform the following steps to read CSV file using Automation Anywhere:
Step 1: Open CSV file or text file by giving their location using OPEN PROGRAM/FILE command.
Step 2: Use READ CSV/ TEXT FILE command in order to read a CSV file.
46. How to read PDF using Automation Anywhere?
PDF Integration is a command that can be used to read PDF files of single or multiple pages, merge documents, extract values, and more.
47. What is Automation Anywhere Credential Vault?
Automation Anywhere credential vault provides a facility to store the password in a secure way and use it at run time in BOTS. These variables are easily accessed through F2 or a variable for a password field.
48. How to assign new permissions to users?
New permission can be assigned by going to the security tab to set the permission of users.
49. Explain actions offered by Automation Anywhere to handle errors
Actions provided by Automation Anywhere to handle errors are:
- Run task: Used to run a task when the current task has an error.
- Variable assignment: It is used to identify a value to be assigned and set tasks.
- Send an email: It is used to send an email when an error occurs.
- Log data into a file: It logs any error into a file.
- Take snapshot: You can take a screenshot of any error.
50. What is Image Recognition?
Image Recognition is a feature of Automation Anywhere Enterprise. It allows the recognition and comparison of images from the window or file.
Best Automation Anywhere Certification Course to Boost UP Your SkillsWeekday / Weekend BatchesSee Batch Details
51. What is the use of wildcard characters?
Wild character in Automation Anywhere is represented as “*.” It is used for dynamic windows.
52. How to call a Bot inside a Bot?
There is a command task to open another task BOT inside other BOTS. Medabots can be used by dragging and dropping into a task editor. IQ BOTS can also be used by using the IQ BOTS command.
53. What are the types of licenses in Automation Anywhere?
Two types of licenses in Automation Anywhere are:
- Developer license
- Run time
54. What are the crucial factors that should be taken care of while planning Automation anywhere?
- All the applications used in the process can be automated using Automation Anywhere or not.
- Whether the application/ process needs manual interventions?
- Automation scripts taking more time than manual work?
- Type of work environment like VM/Citrix
- Type of OS Windows/Linux/Mac OS
55. What is the difference between Automation Anywhere Development and run-time clients?
- Development client is Task editor where we can edit and modify or run the tasks
- Run time client is a task editor where a developer can run existing BOTS/tasks.
56. What kind of Scripts Automation Anywhere supports?
Automation Anywhere supports VBScript and Jscript.
57. What are all OCR engines supported by Automation Anywhere?
OCR engines supported by Automation Anywhere are:
- TOCR: Tesseract OCR
- MODI: Microsoft Object Document Imaging
58. How to extract tables from PDF?
A table from PDF can be extracted using Manage Windows controls.
59. Which system variable format can be modified?
System variables can be modified as Date.
60. What is SnapPoint in Automation Anywhere?
In Automation Anywhere Premier is used when a task has verified the images of all mouse clicks. SnapPoint enables you to capture images on demand, just enable SnapPoint and set it for the commands that you want.
61. How to pass the variables from one task to another?
Passing the variables from one task to another can be done by mapping the variable when calling that task.
62. What are the advantages of Automation?
The advantages of Automation Anywhere are:
- No programming knowledge is required. You can record your actions, or point and click the action wizards.
- Eliminates the element of the human error
- Increases transaction speed and allows to save time and costs
- Quick Time to Value, Non-intrusive
- It is useful to automate data transfers and import or export data between files or applications.
- Scale from Desktop to Data Center
63. What are the steps involved in Automation Anywhere Process?
Steps involved in Automation Anywhere Process are:
Step 1: Select the tool
Step 2: Define the scope of the Automation, followed by measures like planning.
Step : Test and execute the application.
Step 4: Maintain application
64. How does the Client communicate with the Server?
In the Client window, click on the Repository tab to communicate with the Server. The programmer can directly download, upload, or compare server tasks with client tasks.
65. Name some software tools for testing Automation Anywhere
Some of the essential automation testing tools are,
- 1. QTP
- 2. SoapUI
- 3. Telerik Test Studio
- 4. Robotium, etc
66. What are the reasons for not using manual testing in the Automation Anywhere?
The primary reason for not using manual testing is that it requires additional resources. It can also consume more time. If there are many projects or time-bound, then performing tasks repeatedly is not possible.
67. Mention the characteristics of an ethical framework in Automation Anywhere
Ethical framework characteristics in Automation Anywhere are:
- It must follow some coding practices.
- The code should be reusable.
- Ethical frameworks should have inbuilt reporting features.
- It should be able to integrate with various kinds of frameworks and applications.
68. Explain Automation Anywhere bot store
Developers can purchase ready to use digital workers and bots from bot stores of Automation Anywhere. These bots can automate repetitive tasks. It can save development time as the bots are pre-built.
69. What RPA?
Robotic Process Automation (RPA. is software that can mimic the action of a human user. It performs actions on a PC to automate business processes, which are highly repetitive and rule-based.
70. What are operating systems supported by Automation Anywhere Enterprise?
Operating systems supported Automation Anywhere Enterprise are:
- 1. Windows 2008 R2
- 2. Windows 7, etc.
71. List Enterprise Control Room Components
Enterprise Control Room Components are:
- Intel Pentium i5 or i7.
- 100 MB space on the hard disk for the installation.
- 4 GB RAM
- Monitor having resolution 1024 x 768 or higher.
- Internet Explorer 6.0 browser or later.
72. Explain the concept of auto-login
Auto-Login automatically unlocks the computer, runs the automated tasks, and returns the system to the original state.
73. Explain Session Name
A session name defines a data stream. By default, the session is “Default”. Session name becomes important when there is a possibility of opening multiple connections simultaneously.
74. List terminal types that can be connected to a terminal emulator
Terminal types that can be connected to a terminal emulator are:
- 1. VT1000
- 2. ANSI
- 3. TN5250
- 4. TN3270
75. What is Bot Farm?
Bot Farm is integrated with Automation Anywhere Enterprise. It allows you to create multiple bots. Moreover, you can also give these bots on a rental basis.
76. How to deploy a task in the Automation Anywhere Control Room?
In Automation Anywhere client clicks on MANAGE and goes to= REPOSITORY to deploy any task.
77. Define MetaBots in Automation Anywhere
A MetaBot is a blueprint of an application that can be reused in order to optimize processes.
78. Name things which can be automated
Things that can be automated are:
- 1. Automation behind GUI
- 2. Build deployment
- 3. Smoke sanity test suite
- 4. Test data creation
79. How to do logs in Automation Anywhere?
There is a command called LOGTOFILE to print the logs to an external file of your choice, either by appending or replacing it with a timestamp.
80. Mention app integration commands in Automation Anywhere
App integration commands in Automation Anywhere are:
- Java Applet
- Dos command prompt
81. What is a workflow designer?
The workflow designer is helpful in building a process flow diagram with a graphical environment. It can be used to build automated tasks in the program.
82. Why are String Operation Commands used in Automation Anywhere?
String operation commands in Automation Anywhere are used to perform various actions like:
- Lower Case
83. Mention subcommands that are provided by Terminal Emulator
Subcommands that are provided by Terminal Emulator are:
- 1. Send Text/ Get Text
- 2. Set Field/ Get Field
- 3. Get all fields
- 4. Control
- 5. Connect/Disconnect
- 6. Wait
84. What Enterprise Control Room does?
The Enterprise Control Room provides the main dashboards from which all of the automation projects can be managed. The Enterprise Control Room centralizes the control, security, and collaboration.
85. What are the types of Bots in Automation Anywhere?
There are basically three types of Bots in Automation Anywhere:
- Task Bots: Task bots are bots which automate a rule-based, repetitive task in areas like document administration, HR, claims management, IT services, and more. This leads to an immediate improvement in productivity, error reduction, and cost-saving.
- Medabots: Meta bots are the automation building blocks. It is designed in such a way that with application updates or changes, you need to make minimal edits to the bot. Changes automatically apply to any process utilizing that bot.
- IQBOT: It is an advanced tool. It can learn on its own and perform a task according to it. IQ Bot offers Automation using highly advanced cognitive technology. It works on the concept of organizing unstructured data while improving its skills and performance.
86. What is the role of Bot Runner?
Bot Runner is a kind of machine that is used to run Bots. There are possible chances to run Bots parallelly. A run license is needed in order to run any Bot. In case any failure occurs in the middle of the process, then it is returned to the control room.
87. List applications where the Automation Anywhere is used
The application where Automation anywhere is used are:
- 1. Accounting: Invoice processing, reporting, auditing, etc.
- 2. HR: Automating tasks in PeopleSoft. Email notifications, populating.
- 3. Operations/IT: Creating accounts, software set-up, batch processing, system integrations, etc.
- 4. Sales: Creating and printing invoices, add, modifying, and removing customer data into CRM.
- 5. Marketing: Creating lead generation reports and monitoring social sentiment.
- 6. Manufacturing: Inventory management, Excel automation, ERP integration.
88. Explain the types of recorders in Automation Anywhere
Types of recorders in Automation Anywhere are:
- Screen Recorder: It is used for desktop-based applications when a task involves more clicks.
- Smart Recorder: It is a feasible approach for building tasks and applicable for both desktop and web applications.
- Web Recorder: This recorder is applicable for performing tasks that require repetitive actions and can be implemented for web-based applications.
89. Name two tools that can be used for Automation anywhere testing
Tools that can be used for Automation anywhere testing are:
- 1. Rational Robot
- 2. QTP
90. What is app integration in Automation Anywhere?
App Integration provides an option to work with applications like DOS, Browsers, Java Applet, UNIX shell, and more.
91. Why is the wait command good?
Command wait is good because it provides two options:
- 1. Wait for window
- 2. Wait for screen change.
92. List the commands used in Automation Anywhere
Commands used for Automation Anywhere are:
- Object cloning
- DB commands
- PDF integration
- Message box
- Email commands
- Excel commands
93. How to add/remove Clients in the Control Room?
Clients can be added to or removed from the Control Room by going to the user management tab in Automation Anywhere Control Room. Users can either deactivate or deactivate any client by selecting the proper option under actions.
Are you looking training with Right Jobs?Contact Us
- Blue Prism Tutorial
- UiPath Interview Questions and Answers
- Robotic Process Automation(RPA) Interview Questions and Answers
- RPA Blue Prism Certification Guide
- RPA blue prism tutorial
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- Difference between Data Lake vs Data Warehouse: A Complete Guide For Beginners with Best Practices
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- What does the Yield keyword do and How to use Yield in python ? [ OverView ]
- Agile Sprint Planning | Everything You Need to Know