How to Become a Hadoop Developer?
Last updated on 26th Sep 2020, Artciles, Blog
Hadoop is a simple framework with a distributed environment wherein you can store Big Data and process it simultaneously. to the creation of many Hadoop Developer job opportunities. You will learn about various Hadoop Developer job responsibilities and skills, but let us first understand how Hadoop works.
Components of Hadoop: HDFS and YARN Drive This Big Data Tool!
Hadoop has two major components, Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and YARN, which stands for Yet Another Resource Negotiator. HDFS allows you to store multiple formats of data across a cluster, while YARN allows you to process the data stored across HDFS in parallel.
HDFS seems like a single unit that stores Big Data while, in reality, it uses multiple distributed nodes to store the data. HDFS follows the master-slave algorithm wherein the master is NameNode and DataNodes act as the slaves.
The NameNode contains the metadata of the information stored in DataNodes, while the actual data is in DataNodes.
YARN, on the other hand, processes all activities by allocating the resources before scheduling tasks. It consists of two components, namely, ResourceManager and NodeManager. Even YARN follows the same master-slave algorithm as HDFS. Here, the ResourceManager is the master node. After getting the processing requests, it passes bits of these requests to NodeManagers, who would later process the same. The NodeManagers are responsible for carrying out the tasks on the DataNodes in HDFS.
Subscribe For Free Demo[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Hadoop is used for:
- Developing the search feature in Yahoo, Amazon, and Zvents
- Log processing on Facebook and Yahoo
- Data warehousing purposes in Facebook and AOL
- Analysis of images and videos in the New York Times and Eye Alike
Hadoop developer Responsibilities
The major Hadoop Developer responsibilities include:
- Documenting, designing, and developing Hadoop applications
- Handling the processes of installing, configuring, and supporting Hadoop
- Coding in MapReduce for clusters and helping build Hadoop clusters
- Turning complex techniques and functional requirements into comprehensive designs
- Designing web applications for tracking and handling data at high speed
- Proposing practices and standards for operations
- Performing tests on software prototypes and sending them to the operational team
- Pre-processing data with the help of Hadoop platforms such as Pig and Hive
- Maintaining the privacy and security of data
- Managing and deploying HBase
- Deriving insights after performing data analysis
Although there are a number of Hadoop Developer skills that are in demand today, here are a few that you cannot ignore:
- Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem and its components
- Ability to write manageable, reliable, and high-performance codes
- Expert knowledge of Hadoop, Pig, HBase, and Hive
- Work experience in HQL (Hibernate Query Language)
- Experience in writing MapReduce jobs and Pig Latin scripts
- Good knowledge of multi-threading and concurrency
- Having analytical and problem-solving skills and implementing them in Big Data with your acquired Big Data Developer skills
- Good understanding of data loading tools like Flume
- In-depth knowledge of database principles, structures, practices, and theories
- Knowledge of schedulers
Now that you have learned about the major Hadoop Developer job responsibilities and skills, you will further get an insight into the various job opportunities that are open for a Hadoop Developer.
Top hadoop certifications include:
Cloudera Hadoop Certification
Cloudera has been Hadoop Certification for the last many years. It offers three kinds of Hadoop Certifications namely,
- Cloudera Certified Professional – Data Scientist (CCP DS)
- Cloudera Certified Administrator for Hadoop (CCAH)
- Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer (CCDH).
Hortonworks Hadoop Certification
Hortonworks is well known for offering Hadoop Certification for individual specific and relevant job positions they are interested in. They offer certifications namely:
- Hortonworks Certified Apache Hadoop Developer (HCAHD)
- Hortonworks Certified Apache Hadoop Administrator (HCAHA)
MapR Hadoop Certification
MapR Hadoop Certification offers industry-specific Hadoop Certification through advanced cluster knowledge and skills tested in the candidate. The certifications provided are namely:
- MapR Certified Hadoop Developer (MCHD)
- MapR Certified Hadoop Administrator (MCHA)
- MapR Certified HBase Developer (MCHBD)
IBM Hadoop Certification
IBM Hadoop Certification comes with the Hadoop training and real-time industry projects that are needed to be cleared for gaining certifications. The candidates are validated with high-level knowledge, skills, and training processes that apply in-depth knowledge of Hadoop tools and concepts. The best part of IBM Hadoop Certification is that it comes with NO EXPIRY. This means you won’t have to give tests again and again after every two years. The name of the Certifications are:
- IBM Big Data Architect Certification.
- IBM Big Data Engineer Certification.
SAS Hadoop Certification
SAS is well known for offering certifications in analytics. Their certifications are highly cost-effective and supported by courses that are delivered by highly professional and experienced faculties. The certifications by SAS are namely:
- Big Data Professional Using SAS 9 Certification.
- Advanced Analytics Professional Using SAS 9 Certification.
Are you looking training with Right Jobs?Contact Us
- Hadoop Tutorial
- Hadoop Interview Questions and Answers
- Hadoop Ecosystem
- Essential Concepts of Big Data and Hadoop
- What Are the Skills Needed to Learn Hadoop?
- [BEST & NEW] Kanban Interview Questions and Answers
- 40+ [REAL-TIME] Data Visualization in R Interview Questions and Answers
- CodeIgniter Interview Questions and Answers [ TO GET HIRED ]
- 40+ [REAL-TIME] Laravel Interview Questions and Answers
- Ionic Interview Questions and Answers [BEST & NEW]