What is Informatica PowerCenter?
Last updated on 25th Sep 2020, Artciles, Blog
Informatica PowerCenter is a widely used extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) tool used in building enterprise data warehouses.
Informatica PowerCenter is an enterprise extract, transform, and load (ETL) tool used in building enterprise data warehouses.
With its high availability as well as being fully scalable and high-performing, PowerCenter provides the foundation for all major data integration projects and initiatives throughout the enterprise.
These areas include:
- B2B exchange
- Data governance
- Data migration
- Data warehousing
- Data replication and synchronization
- Integration Competency Centers (ICC)
- Master Data Management (MDM)
- Service-oriented architectures (SOA), and more
Subscribe For Free Demo[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Informatica PowerCenter enables access to almost any data source from one platform. PowerCenter is able to deliver data on demand, including real-time, batch, or change data capture (CDC).
Informatica PowerCenter is capable of managing the broadest range of data integration initiatives as a single platform. This ETL tool makes it possible to simplify the development of data warehouses and data marts.
Supported by PowerCenter Options, Informatica PowerCenter software meets enterprise expectations and requirements for security, scalability, and collaboration through such capabilities as:
- Dynamic partitioning
- High availability/seamless recovery
- Metadata management
- Data masking
- Grid computing support, and more
Why is Informatica so widely used?
Informatica is the most popular ETL tool used around the world. Whenever we have a data system and we want to do some operations on the backend like cleansing the data, modifying it and so on based on certain rules then we can use Informatica. Informatica tutorials will give you a clear picture of why Informatica is used widely.
Informatica is the most widely used data integration tool and there are very good for this as listed below:
- Informatica lets you seamlessly collaborate Information Technology and business
- It is extremely easy to use and there are a lot of automated processes as well
- You can deploy Informatica for operations and governance oversight
- Your analytics and applications can be fed with real-time data
- You can do advanced transformations on data while moving from source to destination
- It also offers Master Data Management to link critical data to a common point of reference
Installation of Informatica PowerCenter
To download and install the Informatica PowerCenter, click on the given link. https://edelivery.oracle.com/osdc/faces/Home.jspx
Let’s see how to install the Informatica Power Center step by step, such as:
- Step 1: Click on the above link and download Informatica PowerCenter version 8.6.1.
- Step 2: Unzip the in stage directory (D:\INFRA).
- Step 3: After unzipping the files, go to Server\windows\Desktop\Download\VM.
- Step 4: Double click on install.exe name file, and it will open a dialog box.
- Step 5: Click on the Run button.
- Step 6: After clicking the button, it starts the install Informatica PowerCenter.
- Step 7: Then select a language to install and click on the OK button.
- Step 8: Now click on the Next button.
- Step 9: Select the Informatica installation type and click on the Next button.
- Step 10: Browse the license key file and then click on the Next button.
- Step 11: Browse Installation prerequisites and click on the Next button.
- Step 12: Browse installation directory and select the installation directory.
- Step 13: Browse HTTPS configuration and set the defaults.
- Step 14: Browse pre-installation summary and then click on the install Informatica button.
- Step 15: Install PowerCenter 8.6.1.
- Step 16: Select Create New Domain and click on the Next button.
- Step 17: Browse configure Domain Database Informatica and click on the Test Connection button.
- Step 18: Now, the Test connection is passed.
- Step 19: Browse the domain configuration and click on the Next button.
- Step 20: Install Informatica PowerCenter server and wait.
- Step 21: Configure Informatica service unchecked “Run Informatica service under a different user account” and click on the Next button.
- Step 22: Select Post-Installation Summary.
How to Register on Informatica Cloud PowerExpress
Informatica provides the 30 days free trial of the Informatica cloud. And for 30 days free trial, register yourself on the given link.https://www.informatica.com/products/cloud-integration/cloud-data-integration.html
Let’s see how to register on Informatica Cloud PowerExpress step by step, such as:
- Step 1: Open the following link
- Step 2: and click on the Free 30-days trial button.
- Step 3: Fill the following form or fill the details and click on the Start Your Free Trial button.
- Step 4: Then we will get a confirmation page as follows. Open the email account and click the confirmation link.
- Step 5: After clicking on the confirmation URL, then set the Password and one security question.
- Step 6: Then click on the OK button after entering the data.
- Step 7: we are now in the Informatica Cloud, which we can use for new projects.
Advantages of Informatica
The following are the advantages of Informatica
- 1. It is a GUI tool; coding in any graphical tool is generally faster than hand code scripting.
- 2. It can communicate with all major data sources (mainframe/RDBMS/Flat Files/XML/VSM/SAP, etc).
- 3. It can handle very large data very effectively.
- 4. The user can apply mappings, extract rules, cleansing rules, transformation rules, and aggregation logic and loading rules are in separate objects in an ETL tool. Any change in any of the objects will give a minimum impact on other objects.
- 5. The object is reusable (Transformation Rules).
Informatica has different ‘adapters’ for extracting data from packaged ERP applications (such as SAP or PeopleSoft).
- 6. Resources are available in the market.
- 7. It can be run on Windows and Unix environment
Are you looking training with Right Jobs?Contact Us
- Informatica Interview Questions and Answers
- SSIS Tutorial
- Informatica Architecture
- Informatica Tutorial: The Ultimate Guide [STEP-IN] | ACTE
- Tableau Tutorial
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- Difference between Data Lake vs Data Warehouse: A Complete Guide For Beginners with Best Practices
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- What does the Yield keyword do and How to use Yield in python ? [ OverView ]
- Agile Sprint Planning | Everything You Need to Know