Oracle Fusion HCM Interview Questions and Answers [ STEP-IN ]
Last updated on 22nd Sep 2022, Blog, Interview Question
1. What do mean by a LDG in Fusion HCM?#ff0000
It stands for Legislative Data Group and is useful when it comes to a portioning the payroll and data which is concerned. Wherever enterprises are present, there is always a require for one group for smooth operations. Payroll is generally processed and is generally associated with a legislative code. Other factors that matter largely in a LDG are the structure of the task and current one is utilized.
2. How can access the ESC in a Fusion HCM?
For this, a user simply require to select the EES (Establish Enterprise Structure). This is available under a DIC task list.
3. Why Human Capital Management is important?
In the present scenario, understanding an economy is a vast term. No one knows what a factors are important in terms of investment without managing the capital. Organizations have to face a ton of problems if they don’t manage the same in a reliable manner. The fraud transactions and risks are the main trouble creators.Effective management always makes sure proper utilization and records can be accessed at anytime when users want.
4. What exactly do know about the Fusion Tress? How are they significant in a Fusion HCM?
Dealing with a hierarchical data is always a big problem. It is not always possible for the users to keep up a pace with it simply. These trees are nothing but the graphical representation of same. Even the entire structure of an organization can be represented with a help of it. This makes it simple for users to effectively manage and understand the tasks that are vital. It also enabled a users to make some important decisions.
5.Explain about various plan types available in Fusion absence management?
Accrual:This plan is for creating absence of paid leaves. Ex: vacation plan.
Qualification: This plan is for creating absence of paid leaves for which the employees are entitled to a leaves and pay. Ex: maternity leave.
No entitlement:It keeps trace of all paid and unpaid leaves so that accumulated balance of leaves and payment is not there.
6.How many sections a performance template/model can be hold at a time?
- Competency Section
- Goal Section
- Worker Final Feedback Section
- Manager Final Feedback Section
- Questionnaire Section
- Overall Review Section
7. What is ESC in a Oracle Fusion HCM?
Enterprise Structure Configuration (ESC) is a tool that helps to users in the configuration of organization structure. With ESC, users can explain all the position structures easily. Users configure an organization set up, job, position structures, and organization structure.
8. What are the sets of enabled objects in a Oracle Fusion HCM?
9. Oracle Fusion HCM currency independent platform?
Yes! Users don’t need to worry about a currency as this platform is equipped with a some inter-currency conversion features. This makes it easier for users to understand a concepts at the ground level. Not only this, but users can also understand easily the management aspects in terms of a local currency rates.·
10.What are the general tasks that are frequently used during implementation?
Managing the legal addresses, grades, business units, legal entity, divisions, departments, locations, lookups, worker goal setups, review periods, document types as well as managing the jobs are the tasks that are quite general during the implementation.
11. Can state a few benefits of using a Enterprise Structure Configuration?
- It is possible to create all the structures within organization instantly and simultaneously.
- It is beneficial for testing a multiple scenarios. This is because it can easily create a several configurations.
- It is possible for users to roll back the configuration even when the same has been loaded by them.
- Users can even review same thoroughly before it is loaded. This makes sure that there will be no errors in a configuration process at a later stage.
12. Is it possible to update a record of an assignment again and again, how will track the same?
Yes, it is possible. It require a physical record to be created for each update and all modifications made have a unique sequence number. With the help of this number, it is possible to trace them anytime when the need for the same is realized. Updates can even be managed by separately.
13. What is the other name of a Reference Data Sharing in Fusion HCM?
It is also known as a SetID.
14. What do know about FSM in a Oracle Fusion Human Capital Management?
It stands for a Functional Setup Manager. When it comes to managing functional implementation projects, it plays vital role. It provide guided information that is useful this matter. The implementation life cycle has more errors in it and the same can simple be avoided with the help of FSM. It is actually a powerful application with the several guided modules.
15. What do know about the absence type patterns which are present in the absence management?
There are some pre-defined sets of rules which simply be considered in the initial stage for creating an absence type simply. It is up to users whether he/she considers the special fields on a pages which are concerned. There are even options for displaying an absence records. The good thing is it even at categories the absences in the form of reasons.
16. What is a Normalization in Oracle Fusion?
- When the users need to create a rating models, there is always a need for them to explain the rating distribution at the same time. This is because it gives an idea about an overall percentage of the workforce that needs to be involved in a task.
- It even reflects an information if it is possible to increase/decrease a workforce at different levels. This process is known as a normalization.
17. What are the factors that should consider for specifying a key responsibility areas for an employee?
It largely depends on a overall skills, experience, educational qualification, areas of interest, as well as efforts. With the help of these factors, it is possible for an organizations to make sure that there is always a positive work environment and thus maximum efficiency.
18. What are the major factors that play a vital role in a HCM for the learning capacity of an employees?
- Career Development
19. What would be a best way to motivate an employee?
This can be done simply by rewarding a employee in front of others. Of course, this strategy works a lot when it comes to a motivating the workforce to work together to provide best possible outcomes.
20.What is a Oracle Application Express?
Oracle Application Express is a FREE RAD web development tool. APEX is written by using PL/SQL and runs completely inside of the web browser. Apex is IDE and a runtime environment. Use an APEX to write web applications. Users, using their database user ID, log into APEX and run their application from menu. With the APEX IDE, can create forms, reports and charts. All normal web widgets are available: radio groups, buttons, drop down lists, date pickers, etc.
21.What are the uses of a APEX?
- Builds professional looking web applications that are both the fast and secure.
- Runs on and lives in a Oracle database. APEX framework and metadata are saved in a Oracle tables.
- It is FREE. No licensing be required.
- The fast learning curve for the developers to build applications.
- Deployment of application is as simple as ‘Export and Import’ if hard-coded references of values that change between a environments are avoided.
- A lot of scope for a customization of the application look and feel.
- Scalable for more user volume. ASKTOM, former ORACLE METALINK and MANY APPLICATIONS are built by using APEX.
- Can be configured to used a Oracle SSO and EBS find user repository.
22. What kind of activities that have done for apex as apex dba?
- Setup of apex environment
- SSL configuration
- USER access
- Security modal definition
- Ad hoc issue and resolution
- Patching /Performance
23.If forget the admin password, how will log in to a apex application?
Need to call SQL scripts to reset a password @apxchpwd.sql .
24.How does an APEX Architecture work?
The URL request from a browser is translated into an appropriate APEX PL/SQL call by either Oracle HTTP Server (Apache) with mod_plsql plugin or Embedded PL/SQL Gateway. This varies by a type of APEX installation on the oracle database. After the data is processed, results are relayed back to a browser as HTML. This cycle happens every time a user requests or submits a page. The application session state is maintained in the database tables.
APEX installation can be done in 2 ways:
- DBAs are more concerned about it than a developers.
- But this find how the URL is translated.
25.Some views of a apex?
26.How will validate apex?
- 2.SQL> exec validate_apex; OR
- 3.SQL> exec validate_htmldb;
27. Which user in an apex owns sso module?
28. Which scripts need for a registration process for SSO?
29. How will enable a SSO for apex application?
- Login to APEX_030200
30.How to find a records error out using a HCM Data Loader?
Can check an errors by clicking the message icon in an import and export window.
- hrc_dl_file_linesFusion Interview Question
Using a Run Diagnostics Test – Test Name (HCM Data Loader Data-Set Status ) offer the Content ID for a same. This one is oracle standard method to find error records in a HCM Data loader.
31.What Common Entity used in a HCM Fusion Extracts?
Person (PER_EXT_SEC_PERSON_UE):Retrieves all a persons across the enterprise and all person related attributes.
Worker Payroll (PER_EXT_PAY_EMPLOYEES_UE):Retrieves all the workers and their payrolls across an enterprise, all person, worker, payroll related attributes, and element entry data.
Extract an Assignment Basic History (PER_EXT_ASSIGNMENT_BASIC_HISTORY_UE):Retrieves an assignment history as on the assignment effective start date.
Extract Assignment of Basic Information (PER_EXT_SEC_ASSIGNMENT_BASIC_UE):Retrieves an assignment data as on the effective date.
Assignments Range (PER_EXT_SEC_ASSIGNMENT_RANGE_UE):Retrieves an assignment history as on an effective date.
Extract Current and Future Persons (PER_EXT_SEC_PERSON_NOW_FUTURE_UE):Retrieves a current and future person details. Specify an advanced filter criteria to a restrict person types.
Extract Current and Future Assignments (PER_EXT_SEC_ASSIGNMENT_NOW_FUTURE_UE):Retrieves a current and future assignments.
32. Can Oracle transaction Business Intelligence(OTBI) integrate with a Fusion HCM extract?
Yes,have 2 options:
- 1. HCM Extracts can extract the data and produce an output using a CSV, XML or PDF. OTBI can then accept a data source in an excel or XML format .
- 2. BI Publisher can also accept the data source in excel or XML format .HCM extracts has an integration with the BI Publisher.
33. What is the difference between a ‘Assignment Status Type’ and a ‘Extract Employee Assignment Status Type’ attributes?
The ‘Extract Employee Assignment Status Type’ attribute is the DBI group which is directly associated with a user entity when explaining the block. The ‘Assignment Status Type’ attribute is the DBI group which is associated with a various user entity, and is accessible because of contexts that have been set .
Directly associated a DBI groups are more efficient compared to a indirect. Therefore, it would be better to use of the ‘Extract Employee Assignment Status Type’ attribute rather than a ‘Assignment Status Type’ attribute because of performance considerations.
34. How to create a dependent parameter for BI Publisher report in a HCM Fusion?
Take one simple example of a dependent parameter for BIP report in a HCM Fusion.
35.How to Burst a BIP report in Fusion HCM?
Using Bursting option can split a Report into multiple documents and deliver it to one or more destination.
E.g. Report output having a 3 columns Business Unit, Department,Location
- Business unit Department Location
- Progress US BU Support PRG Main Campus
- UK BU Support PRG UK London
- US1 BU Finance PRG RF Hospital
- Progress US BU Biology US Main Campus
- UK BU Finance PRG UK London
- US1 BU Biology US FN1 RF Hospital
- UK BU Facilities PRG UK London
- US1 BU Facilities PRG US RF Hospital
36. Can update a Source Keys?
Yes, can update it using a SourceKey.dat.
37.Root Data Group is a mandatory in HCM Extracts?
Yes, at least one of a data group must be declared as a Root Data Group and other data groups have to be linked appropriately.
38. Explain threading database item in a HCM Extracts?
Threading Database Item is required for an implementing the changes only feature. It is the unique ID for that an User Entity. Can declare the threading database item at root data group or child data group level where can required changes only data.
39. How can used a BIP report in HCM Extracts?
Can launch a BI Publisher from Report and Analytics Work Area. Install BI Publisher plugin. Can develop a RTF template in MS word using BI Publisher Plugin using a Load XML Schema.
Now have to explain the report . For this use of existing standard model. (/Human Capital Management/Payroll/Data Models/globalReportsDataModel).Save a report.Latest Datamodel have two parameters Payroll action id and Flow instance name. Flow instance name will be a flow pattern run given earlier when submitting an extract.
40.How to schedule a HCM Extracts?
- Yes, can schedule the HCM an Extract recursively like Daily, Weekly,Monthly.
- If need to create a custom schedule need to create a fast formula with type as Flow Schedule.
41.Standard BIP Report in a HCM?
A Person Enrollment Summary Report, Compensation Workbench Print Statement, Performance a Document Rating Report, Total Compensation Statement report etc.
42.How to Filter a Data in Template while developing a BIP Report?
- Can filter a data using a filter condition based on the Data Field, Operator and Value.
- Can filter a data for Chart view, table view.
43. Different Delivery Option in a BIP Report?
- Administrator -> Manage BI -> Delivery -> Type of a Delivery option
44. How to Schedule a BIP Report?
- 1) In a a report and analytics -> New -> Report Job
- 2) In a Create Section -> Published Reporting -> Report Job
- 3) In a Catalog -> Select Report -> More-> Schedule
45. What are output format of HCM Extracts?
Output Format are: – CSV,XML,Excel,HTML,RTF,PDF
46. What are different types of HCM Extracts?
Full Profile , Payroll Interface, Payments, Benefit Carrier, Archive a Retrieval, HR Archive, Payroll an Archive.
47.What is Delivery Type in a HCM Extracts?
Document of a Record,Email, FTP, FAX, File System, HCM Connect, HTTP, Printer.
Detailed Component :
- Email Start Date,End Date, Deliverya option name, Output Type (PDF,RTF), Report (Path), Output Name(Template Name), Delivery a Type(Email), CC, Email, BCC,Attachment(Y), Message Body,Subject
- FTP Start Date,End Date, Delivery a option name, Output Type (EFT), Report (Path), Output Name(Template Name), Delivery a Type (FTP),Secure FTP(Y), Remote Directory, password, user Name, server name.
48. What is the use of Functional Setup Manager?
Oracle Fusion Functional Setup Manager is used to handle a certain setup tasks involved in a completion of a project. An FSM can lead throughout the project in terms of functional implementation.
49. What are the Oracle Fusion in Account Payables?
- Create the Business Unit
- Assign a Business Unit functions to Business Unit
- Create the Procurement agents
- Invoice a options configurations
- Payable options in configurations
- Create a Payment terms
- Create the Distribution sets
- Setting up a supplier Number
- Create supplier and supplier sites
- Assign sites to the procurement business units
- Create Banks, Branches and Bank accounts
- Create Payment documents
- Create Payment methods
- Understanding Invoice process
- Describe a invoice types and its components
- Review the Employee Expense report and Invoice approval
- Discussing a Invoice validation, Tolerances, Approvals and Holds
- Understanding a payment process
- Manage a Payment Approval process
- Explaining the Prepayment process
- Create an accounting process
- Closing the payables periods
- Run Payables reports
50.Name a few essential factors that should be taken into a consideration to assign key responsibility areas to employee?
To specify a key responsibility areas to employee the major factors that should be taken into a consideration are skill set, experience, areas of interest, education qualification, leadership qualities, efforts, etc.
51. What is a reference data sharing in oracle fusion?
Reference data sharing in Oracle Fusion is also known as a SetID. This reference data sharing a functionality supports operations in the multiple business units, ledgers, and warehouses. This helps in drastic reduction in administrative efforts and time taken to an implement business units.
52. What is use of a Reference data sharing in Oracle Fusion HCM?
The main advantage of Reference Data sharing is that it remove a duplicate data in the common transactional data.
53. What are major Absence Patterns?
- Childbirth or placement
- Illness or injury
- Generic absence
54. What is a watchlist in Oracle Fusion?
Watchlist is an important component of Oracle Fusion components that gives the users a set of a shortcuts to work areas based on a user preferences. It consists of an items delivered by a applications and items that are created by the end-user.
55. What is an Oracle Fusion Middleware?
Oracle Fusion is a Middleware is a set of standards that offers a complete support for development, deployment, integration, and management. It offers a wide range of solutions through its a middleware design:
- Development Tools
- Business Intelligence
- User Interaction
- Content Management
- Application Server
56. What do understand witha term distribution threshold?
The distribution threshold generally takes care of a workforce, which must be there for an accomplishment of the tasks after a normalization.·
57. How to register a concurrent program with an oracle apps?
- There are certain steps need to follow for purpose of registering concurrent program.
- The first step is to log in to a system with the responsibility of a system administrator.
- The next step is to explain a executable concurrent program.
- While explaining a concurrent program do take care to give application name, short name and description along with the selection of executable concurrent program.
58.Define a record group?
Record group can be considered as a concept used for a purpose of holding sql query that is associated with the list related with values. Record group consists of static data and also can access a data inside tables of database through sql queries.
59.What is FlexField?
This is a kind of field associated with an oracle apps that are used for capturing a information related with the organization.
60. Is there any possibility for having a custom schema at any time when it is required?
Have the provision for having a custom schema at the time of a creating table.
61. What is a concurrent program?
Concurrent programs are instances that want to be executed along with an incompatibles and parameters.
62. Define application top?
Application tops are found when connecting to a server. There are two types of application tops are available they are product top and custom top. Product top is a kind of top that is built in a default by manufacturer. Custom top can be chosen by a client, and any number of custom tops can be created as per requirement of the client.
63. What is absence pattern?
An Absence pattern comprises a set of predefined rules, which further make absence type. It is necessary to link absence type with absence pattern. The design a user selects will find specific fields to appear on the absence type pages. Some of the famously used absence patterns are Childbirth, injury/illness, and general absence.
64. Define a set – of books?
SOB can be explained as the collection of charts in associated with accounts, currency and calendars.
65. What is value set?
Value set is used for a purpose of containing a values. In the case of a value set getting an associated with a report parameters, a list containing values are sent to a user for accepting one among the values in a form of parameter values.
66. Define the Types of a validation?
None: This is indication of a minimal validation.
Independent: Input should be there in the list of – values that explained as previously.
Dependent: According to previous value, input is compared with subset of values.
Table: Input is checked on a basis of values that exist in a application table.
Special: These are the values that make a use of flex field.
Pair: A pair can be explained as the set of values that make use of flex fields.
Translated Independent: This is a kind of value that can be made used only if there is any existence for a input in the list that is defined previously.
Translatable dependent: In this type of validation rules that compare the input with a subset of values associated with the previously defined list.
67. Define a Template?
Template is a kind of form that is very much needed before the creation of any other type of forms. It is a kind of form that an incorporates attachments that are platform independent and associated with the particular library.
68. Which are the attachments that are platform independent and become the part of the template?
APPSCORE: This is a kind of attachment that comprises are packages as well as procedures which are useful for all the various forms for the purpose of creating toolbars, menus etc.
APPSDAYPK: This attachment contains a packages that are helpful in controlling a applications associated with oracle.
FNDSQF: This attachment has different procedures as well as packages for flex fields, profiles, message dictionary and also concurrent processing.
CUSTOM: This attachment is helpful in an extending the application forms of oracle without a causing any modification related with the application code. There are different kinds of customization including zoom.
69. Define a Ad-hoc reports?
This is a type of report that is made used for a fulfilling the reporting needs of a particular time.
70. Define Autonomous transaction?
This is a kind of transaction that is independent of the another transaction. This kind of transaction allows to in suspending the main transaction and helps in the performing SQL operations, rolling back of operations and also committing them. The autonomous transactions do not support a resources, locks or any kind of commit dependencies that are part of major transaction.
71. Which are the types of a Triggers?
- Key triggers
- Error triggers
- Message triggers
- Navigational triggers
- Query – based triggers
- Transactional triggers
72. What is the purpose of a Temp tables in interface programs?
These are the kinds of tables that can be used for a purpose of storing an intermediate values or data.
73. Define the steps for a customizing form?
- The first and foremost thing that need to do is to copy the files template.fmb as well as Appsatnd.fmb from AU_TOP/forms/us and paste that inside custom directory. By doing this the library can associated with this task get copied by it’s own.
- Can now create the forms that want and customize them.
- Do not forget to save a created forms inside the modules where they need to be located.
74 Define about a Key Flexfiled ?
Key flexfiled is a unique identifier and is usually saved an inside segment, and there are two various attributes associated with this which are flexfiled qualifier and segment qualifier.
75. Define a uses of Key Flexfield ?
This is a unique identifier for a purpose of storing information related with the key. It also helps in entering as well as displaying a information related with key.
76. Define a Descriptive FlexField ?
This is a kind of flexfield that is majory used for the purpose of capturing a additional information, and it is saved in the form of attributes. Descriptive flexfield is a context sensitive.
77. List some uses of a DFF (Descriptive FlexField)?
- Customizing data fields as per a business needs.
- Querying intelligent fields for some particular information.
- Customizing applications for capturing a data that is hard to be tracked.
- To customize applications to conform a current business practices.
78. Define FSG (Financial Statement Generator)?
This is a kind of tool that is more powerful as well as flexible and helps in a building reports that are customized without depending on programming. This tool is only available with the GL.
79. Define a Oracle Suite?
Oracle suite is the one that of comprises of oracle apps as well as software associated with an analytical components.
80. Define an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) ?
ERP is a software system that is available as package and can be helpful in the automating as well as integrating most of the processes associated with a business.
81. What is datalink?
Datalink can be made used for a purpose of relating the results that are associated with different queries.
82. How to attain a parameter value depending on a first parameter?
Second parameter can be attained by making used of the first parameter by making use of a command $flex$value set name.
83. Define data group?
Data group can be defined as a group of applications related with an oracle.
84. Explain about a security attributes?
Security attributes can be made used by a Oracle for allowing the specific rows containing data visible to the users.
85. What is a Definition of responsibility?
Responsibility is a method through which the group of different modules can be made in format accessible by users.
86. Where to explain the parameters in the report?
The parameters can be explained inside the form of concurrent program, and there is no need to registering the parameters but may need to register the set of values that are associated with a parameters.
87.Where do use Custom.pll?
Custom.pll can be used a during the process of making a customized or new oracle forms.
88. Define a MRC ( Multiple Reporting Currency)?
Multiple – Reporting Currency is a kind of feature that is associated with an oracle application and helps in reporting as well as a maintaining records that are associated with a transaction level in different forms of functional currency.
89. What is fast formula in a Oracle Fusion HCM?
Oracle Fast Formula is a tool to write formulas using a English words and basic mathematical functions to perform the calculations or comparisons. Fast Formula is an simple way to customize an existing functionality in Fusion Benefits and it hides the complexity of an accessing the database tables and columns.
89. What is the difference between a job and position in Oracle Fusion HCM?
|A description of requirements to perform a role, which might included the competencies, responsibilities, education, etc. only need one for every role in an organization.
|A container for employee. If multiple employees are performing a same role, create a position for every and associate all of those positions to one job.
90. What is FBDI in a Oracle Fusion?
FBDI is one of the many ways in an Oracle Fusion Cloud to do conversions. FBDI stands for a File Based Data Import. In cloud environment, FBDI is the best way to get a mass conversions done in shortest time. It is better to download a FBDI template which has is of the same version as of the Cloud Environment.
91. How do make a HCM?
- Click a navigator
- Click on the [My Client Groups] Data Exchange work area
- Click a HCM Extracts
- In the Actions menu, click aManage Extract Definitions
- On Manage Extract Definitions screen, click Create
- Provide a name for an extract definition, and select the type of extract and click OK
92. Explain what watch list is?
A watch list provide a set of shortcuts to items that demand an attention. A watch list helps to create and manage different tasks.
93.What are the factors one must consider to specify a key responsibility areas for an employee?
When an employee is hired against a specific position, the organization must consider their educational qualifications, experience, necessary skills to perform a given responsibilities, areas of interest, etc. Hiring right candidate promotes a positive work environment.
94. What are the products receive as part of the Oracle Fusion HCM product family under a business process category of Workforce Development?
- Profile Management
- Networking at work
- Performance and goal management
- Talent review
95.Suggest some necessary sections for Performance template associate in a Oracle Fusion HCM?
The Manager Final Feedback Sections, Final Feedback Section By a Managers, Final Feedback Sections By a Workers Goal Sections, Review Sections and Questionnaire Section.
96. What is an instance qualifier?
Whenever a user adds the content in an item or updates an item, it contains a instance qualifier. The user has to select Instant qualifier which is inserted in a row.
97. What are the various pillars of HCM?
- Training talent
- Talent acquisition
- Retaining talent, and
- Managing talent
98. What do know about setting up a Position Synchronization?
To set up a same, will first need to go to a “edit enterprise page” and select “enable position synchronization” attribute. can find these options in a “Setup and Maintenance” work area.
99. How can define approvals for a Human Capital Management?
One can manage approved a policies with the help of tasks, “Manage Approval Transactions” and a “Manage Task Configurations”.
100. Explain a Legislative facts organization in Fusion HCM?
The Legislative facts organization can be explained as a tool that is used in portioning payroll and associated facts. When an organization operates within the nation, it requires the legislative facts an organization. Legislative facts organization specify a legislation wherein the payroll is processed with its own legislative code, currency and a flex field structure.
Are you looking training with Right Jobs?Contact Us
- Hadoop Interview Questions and Answers
- Apache Spark Tutorial
- Hadoop Mapreduce tutorial
- Apache Storm Tutorial
- Apache Spark & Scala Tutorial
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- Difference between Data Lake vs Data Warehouse: A Complete Guide For Beginners with Best Practices
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- What does the Yield keyword do and How to use Yield in python ? [ OverView ]
- Agile Sprint Planning | Everything You Need to Know