What are the Issues in cloud computing?
Last updated on 10th Oct 2020, Artciles, Blog
You may already have heard about the term ‘Cloud Computing’. Hence, put in brief, cloud computing implies preserving, accessing, and handling big data and software apps online. In cloud computing technology, firewall networks shield the entire data.
This technology helps you install software and its data in data centers globally, which enables you to utilize the software app without using the hard drive of your PC. Many people use cloud technology in their daily lives. Making a document online or using an online email service is a general example of cloud technology.
Several types of cloud computing are present in the IT industry, such as PaaS (Platform as a Service), SaaS (Software as a Service), and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service). In today’s world, cloud technology helps in business development and brings amazing on time.
According to the RightScale 2019 State of the Cloud Survey, 94% of IT experts reviewed and said that their organizations were using cloud computing services and 91% were utilizing the public cloud.
Both success and failure are parts of businesses and they have a little gap in between. Every technology has some pros and cons. If you select the right technology, you can certainly make your business reach new heights. Also, your business can experience troubles if you make some mistakes.
10 Biggest Cloud Computing Challenges in 2020 :
Despite being the major strength of some businesses, cloud computing also has some issues. And in some rare circumstances, this can make some serious problems as well. These issues or challenges are real-life ghosts of cloud computing. Let’s talk about them briefly!
1. Security of Data :
- In terms of security concerns of cloud technology, we don’t find answers to some questions. Mysterious threats like website hacking and virus attack are the biggest problems of cloud computing data security.
- Before utilizing cloud computing technology for a business, entrepreneurs should think about these things. Once you transfer important data of your organization to a third party, you should make sure you have a cloud security and management system.
- Cybersecurity experts are more aware of cloud security than any other IT professional. According to Crowd Research Partners survey, 9 out of 10 cybersecurity experts are concerned regarding cloud security. Also, they are worried about the violation of confidentiality, data privacy, and data leakage and loss.
- Vendor Teradata also conducted a cloud analytics survey that reveals that 46% of those reviewed signified more security with no cloud computing challenge.
2. Insufficiency of Resources and Expertise :
- The inadequacy of resources and expertise is one of the cloud migration challenges this year. As per the report by RightScale, almost 75% of the respondent marked it as a challenge while 23% said that it was a serious challenge.
- Although many IT employees are taking different initiatives to improve their expertise in cloud computing future predictions, employers still find it challenging to find employees with the expertise that they require.
- According to the Robert Half Technology 2019 Salary Guide, businesses will only prioritize the tech employees with the knowledge and skills of the most recent growth in the cloud, mobile, open-source, big data, security, and other technologies in the upcoming years.
- Some organizations are also expecting to win over the challenges of shifting to cloud computing by employing more workers with certifications or skills in cloud computing. Industry professionals also suggest providing training of present employees to make them more productive and speedier using the trendiest technology.
3. Complete Governance over IT Services :
- IT always doesn’t have full control over provisioning, infrastructure delivery, and operation in this cloud-based world. This has raised the complicacy of IT to offer important compliance, governance, data quality, and risk management.
- To eradicate different uncertainties and difficulties in shifting to the cloud, IT should embrace the conventional control and IT management procedures to incorporate the cloud. Ultimately, basic IT teams’ role in the cloud has emerged over the last few years.
- Alongside the business unites, core IT plays an increasing role in the mediation, preference, and control over cloud services. Moreover, third-party cloud computing or management providers are gradually offering best practices and government support.
4. Cloud Cost Management :
- The RightScale report revealed that for a few companies, handling cloud spending has passed security as the biggest cloud computing challenge. As per their anticipations, organizations are ruining nearly 30% of the money they invest in the cloud.
- Companies make several mistakes that can increase their expenses. Sometimes, IT professionals like developers turn on a cloud instance implied to be utilized for some time and forget to turn it off again. And some companies find themselves hindered by the hidden cloud costing packages that provide numerous discounts that they might not be using.
- Using cloud spending management challenges, several tech solutions can help organizations. For instance, automation, cloud spending management solutions, serverless services, containers, autoscaling features, and numerous management tools provided by the cloud vendors may help lower the possibility of the issue.
- Furthermore, some companies have been succeeded by building a core cloud team for handling usage and costs.
5. Dealing with Multi-Cloud Environments :
- These days, maximum companies are not only working on a single cloud. As per the RightScale report revelation, nearly 84% of the companies are following a multi-cloud strategy and 58% already have their hybrid cloud tactic that is combined with the public and private cloud. Furthermore, organizations are utilizing five distinct public and private clouds.
- A long-term prediction on the future of cloud computing technology gives a more difficulty encountered by the teams of IT infrastructure. To win over this challenge, professionals have also suggested the top practices like re-thinking procedures, training staff, tooling, active vendor relationship management, and doing the study.
6. Compliance :
- Compliance is also one of the challenges faced by cloud computing in 2020. For everyone using cloud storage or backup services, this is a problem. Whenever an organization transfers data from its internal storage to the cloud, it experiences compliance with the laws and regulations of the industry.
- An interesting law aspect of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is that it will expedite compliance in the future. Many organizations require employing a data protection professional who can anticipate data security and privacy according to the needs of the law.
- Considering these professionals are aware of the compliance needs of the organizations they are employed, concentrating on the duties for compliance will help organizations fulfill every legal responsibility.
7. Cloud Migration :
- Although releasing a new app in the cloud is a very simple procedure, transferring an existing application to a cloud computing environment is tougher.
- According to the report, 62% said that their cloud migration projects were tougher than they anticipated. Alongside this, 64% of migration projects took more time than predicted and 55% went beyond their budgets.
- Especially, some organizations migrating their apps to the cloud reported downtime during migration (37%), issues syncing data before cutover (40%), the problem having migration tools to work well (40%), slow data migration (44%), configuring security issues (46%), and time-consuming troubleshooting (47%).
- And to solve over these issues, nearly 42% of the IT experts said they wished they had increased their budgets, around 45% wished to have employed an in-house professional, 50% wanted to set a longer project duration, 56% of them wanted they had performed more pre-migration testing.
8. Vendor Lock-In :
- At present, a few topmost cloud service providers, for instance, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and IBM Cloud, are ruling over the public cloud market. For IT experts of the enterprise and analyst, this makes the vendor lock-in’s specters secure.
- In a Hybrid Cloud assessment, nearly 90% of those assessed expressed high to moderate concern levels regarding this problem.
- As per Gartner’s Cloud Adoption Statistics 2020, the rising power of the hyper-scale IaaS providers makes both the chances and challenges for some marketing participants and end-users. Although a few of them allow cost advantages and efficacy, companies required to be more alert regarding the IaaS providers possibly acquiring unwanted impact over the clients and the market.
- Regarding the multi-cloud acceptance trends, some companies will highly demand an easier way to transfer apps, workloads, and data across the cloud IaaS providers providing with no penalty.
- A few professionals suggested that before the companies accept a specific cloud service, they must ponder how straightforward it will be for transferring those workloads to another cloud in the future.
9. Unformed Technology :
- Several cloud computing services are at the leading edge of technologies such as advanced big data analytics, virtual reality, augmented reality, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
- The possible backlog to availing this interesting new technology is that services sometimes fail to fulfill organizational expectations in terms of dependability, usability, and functionality.
- However, the only possible fixes for this issue is changing expectations, waiting for providers to boost their services, or trying to create your solution.
10. Cloud Integration :
- Finally, several companies, especially those with hybrid cloud environments report issues associated with having their on-premise apps and tools and public cloud for working together.
- According to survey, 62% of respondents said integration of legacy systems as their biggest challenge in multi-cloud. Likewise, in a Software One report on cloud cost, 39% of those assessed said integrating legacy systems was one of their biggest worries while utilizing the cloud.
- This particular challenge, like the other ones discussed in this blog, will not possibly disappear any time in the future. Combining new cloud-based apps and legacy systems needs resources, expertise, and time. But several companies are considering that the perks of cloud computing dominate the backlogs of this technology.
Are you looking training with Right Jobs?Contact Us
- Artificial Intelligence Tutorial
- PHP Interview Questions and Answers
- Artificial Intelligence Tutorial
- Java BASIC Programs
- ANGULAR 8 Tutorial
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- Difference between Data Lake vs Data Warehouse: A Complete Guide For Beginners with Best Practices
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- What does the Yield keyword do and How to use Yield in python ? [ OverView ]
- Agile Sprint Planning | Everything You Need to Know