Web Components in Ionic Framework Tutorial – A Perfect Guide to Refer
Last updated on 18th Aug 2022, Blog, Tutorials
Ionic apps are units made from high-level building blocks known as parts. parts enable you to quickly construct an associate degree interface for your app. Ionic comes with a variety of parts, as well as modals, pop ups, and cards.
A direction to create higher Ionic parts
At IonicThemes our work is to form Ionic Starter apps and guides to assist developers such as you building mobile and progressive internet apps quicker.We produce parts and options for multiple use cases therefore you do not get to.In this post we would like to share with you the direction we have a tendency to use at IonicThemes to create our starter templates.Hopefully you’d learn the way to approach the task of building reusable UI kits or style systems and build yourown parts to enhance the potency in future comes.
Composition: Flip your Ionic parts into Legos I would like to begin this post by talking about the term Composition I feel the essence of software system development is composition And by composition I mean: The act of mixing elements or components to create a much bigger part.Compositions area unit shaped by adding new objects to the previous ones, in order that every of the latter is a component of the previous.The process of software system development is breaking down massive issues into smaller ones.Then,we are able to build parts to unravel those smaller issues,and compose them along to create an entire application.
Look around:composition is everywhere!Components will be terribly varied.we have a tendency to may outline a element as one thing that may be helpful on its own or that may even be combined with another part to create a much bigger one.Now deem this concept recursively.As a result, composition has no limits.You’ll be able to compose objects as persistently as you would like.
Using and reusing Ionic parts:
- But, composition isn’t solely concerning software system, it’s around USA everywhere.
- Those who like preparation (like me) can perceive what I mean.
- Preparation is all concerning combining ingredients, flavors, textures, temperatures, times, among others, so as to form a way a lot of elaborate parts.
- For some folks this part will either be the ultimate product that they’re going to eat or the place to begin to form another part.
- And if you’re thinking that of method|the method} of food composition from the initial seeds that grow on the soil and every one the factors that took half in this process, well, this is often virtually associate degree infinite loop.
- There area unit endless ways in which to mix and compose components.
- Getting back to putting together Ionic applications, we are able to divide components in 2 categories: UI parts and Functionalities.
- Let me show you a transparent example of however we are able to apply composition once making a classic register type.
- Creating a Sign-up type with Ionic parts For instance, let’s begin by combining a number of inputs, labels, and a button.
- We are able to agree that this is often a good sign-up type, right?
- But, let’s go a step any associate degreed deem what’s going to happen once the user submits the shape with an invalid worth.
- The app ought to counsel that there area unit existing errors that should be corrected.
- As a result, the user expertise are going to be improved.
- Nowadays, we have a tendency to additionally have to be compelled to add social check in to the sign-up type, as a result of no one desires to recollect another word.
- Also, adding social check in to our mobile apps encompasses a heap of advantages.
Well, that was only for the UI of a classic register page, however take a second to think about all the items and components that any given app includes like authentication flows, user management, all the UI parts such as:
- Ionic lists
- Ionic modals
- Ionic cards
- Ionic menus
- Ionic tabs
- Ionic slides
- Image gallery in Ionicp
As for functionalities:
- Maps in Ionic
- Ionic forms
- Navigation in Ionic Notifications payments
- Ionic image handling and trust Maine, the list goes on and on.
In case you do not get my purpose, what I need to point out to you is however the associate degree app is constructed by composing many building blocks and Functionalities. So if you, as a developer, faux create every bit of your application…, you’re completely out of your mind!
Using and reusing Ionic parts:
Composition permits the USA to use and reprocess parts. And these parts will either be created by you or by others.I mean, if you’re like the USA that builds multiple Ionic apps, you’ve got in all probability had the sign-up page a handful of times, so, there is not any purpose in cryptography it on every occasion.You can specialize in building it once and so reprocess it as typically as necessary and simply customize the designs for every application.I preferred this quote from Eric Elliot, A software system developer UN agency does not perceive composition is sort of a home builder UN agency does not comprehend bolts or nails.Save time, do not repeat yourselfWhen building an associate degree app there are several repetitive tasks that you simply will avoid.Just like the example from the sign-up page we have a tendency to see before.Thanks to the composition of multiple components, we are able to save tons of your time.
This frees USA from having to be specialists concerning all the aspects of developing an associate degree app.What is a lot of, the sweetness of open supply is collaboration.Having the ability to share your data and extend the creation of different developers are some things we’ve to be terribly grateful for.Personally, I learn tons from seeing different people code.From my purpose of reading, collaboration and community also are a giant part of composition, as a result, you’ll be able to use parts engineered by somebody else and use it because it is, otherwise you will use it as an acceptable starter to create one thing else.Okay, enough talking concerning all this theory, let’s examine a way to build any UI with Ionic.
Customizing and composing Ionic components: One of the options I like the foremost concerning Ionic Framework is the large quantity of parts that are unit able to use, customize and extend.
Ionic elements customization methods:There are completely different methods we are able to use to customize and enhance Ionic elements. Number of them are pretty uncomplicated, others need adding additional code (HTML and CSS).
Ionic CSS Variables
- The most basic approach to customizing Ionic elements is victimization CSS variables and CSS Shadow elements.
- With creativeness, there are mistakes you’ll be able to come through with this strategy, however generally it’s enough.
- CSS variables are entities outlined by CSS authors that contain specific values to be reused throughout a document.
- These variables enable a price to be held in one place then documented in multiple different places.
- They conjointly build it attainable to vary CSS dynamically at runtime.
Ionic CSS Shadow elements
CSS Shadow elements add the flexibility to focus on a CSS property on a part within the shadow tree.A shadow tree may be a tree structure of DOM parts within a Shadow root.Nodes among the shadow trees don’t seem to be suffering from something applied outside the shadow tree,and contrariwise.And why can we care about this? As a result of a key side of internet elements is encapsulation, this suggests having the ability to stay the markup structure, styles, and behaviors hidden and become independent from different code on the page so completely different elements don’t clash, and therefore the code will be unbroken, nice and clean.So, shadow elements enable the US to vogue parts within a shadow tree, from outside that shadow tree.
Adding Functionalities to associate Ionic App:
- Finally, let’s combine some composition concepts with functionalities.
- I refer to features like forms and input validations, social logins, maps, push notifications, camera access and picture management, multi-language support, and information integration as functions.
- The same composition principles will be applied to those options as a result of once you have developed them you’ll be able to utilize them altogether your Comes.
- For example, at IonicThemes web log we’ve got innumerable guides and tutorials that specify the way to add completely different functionalities to your Ionic app.
- And the plan behind those guides is that you simply will get the code and therefore the context of that feature and apply it to your own project.
- You can realize tutorials regarding things like base integration, Facebook, Twitter and Google social logins, Map, Geolocation, etc.
- Because the Forms and Validations tutorial is one in all the foremost well-liked articles from our web log, I made a decision to include that feature to our Ionic demo app by swinging our checkbox within a type with a validation that needs the user to pick a minimum of 2 checkboxes before submitting it.
HTML and CSS customization
- Using CSS properties and shadow components is the best and fastest thanks to customizing the Ionic parts, however it is a bit restricted on its own.
- The truth is, we won’t produce a fancy UI simply by dynamic these properties.
- So, during this section we are going to compose our previous checkbox with alternative hypertext mark-up language and CSS components so as to make an even bigger and richer parts just like the one you’ll be able to see below.
- The following code includes constant hypertext mark-up language because the one we tend to employ in our previous example and by wrapping it with alternative hypertext mark-up language components and many custom designs we are able to drastically modify its look whilst conserving its practicality.
- Basically we’ve got a div wrapper that I know as checkbox-content that features a background image with a grayish overlay and so the checkbox-title category is for the label and therefore the checkbox-item category is for the checkbox itself. If we tend to place a listing of those components within a row, and that we assign half-dozen columns to every one, we are going to get this new UI by simply composing the checkbox with many alternative components.
Customization supported components API
There are square measure cases once we ought to go a step further and access the components API so as to feature a lot of advanced designs or enhance its practicality.That’s why during this section I’ll add an associate degree Angular wrapper component to increase the customization prospects to create the UI you’ll see within the following demo.
Are you looking training with Right Jobs?Contact Us
- Windows Azure Interview Questions and Answers
- Salesforce Architecture Tutorial
- Wrapper Class in Salesforce Tutorial
- salesforce lightning
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- Difference between Data Lake vs Data Warehouse: A Complete Guide For Beginners with Best Practices
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- What does the Yield keyword do and How to use Yield in python ? [ OverView ]
- Agile Sprint Planning | Everything You Need to Know