Data Warehouse Tools : Features , Concepts and Architecture
Last updated on 02nd Nov 2022, Artciles, Blog
- In this article you will learn:
- 1.What is Data Warehousing?
- 2.Key Features.
- 5.IBM Infosphere.
- 6.Ab Initio Software.
- 7.ParAccel (acquired by Actian).
What is Data Warehousing?
The system of making the statistics warehouses to save big quantity of statistics is called Data Warehousing. Data Warehousing allows to enhance the rate and performance of getting access to unique statistics units and makes it simpler for an enterprise decision-makers to achieve insights in effort to assist enterprise and selling advertising approaches that set them other than competitors. can say that it’s far a mix of technology and additives which aids strategic use of a statistics and information. The most important aim of statistics warehousing is to create a hoarded wealth of an ancient statistics that may be a retrieved and analysed to the deliver beneficial perception into the organization’s operations.
Integrate.io is a cloud-based data integration platform to create a simple, visualized data pipelines to the data warehouse. It will bring all data sources together. With an Integrate.io and will be able to centralize all the metrics and sales tools like automations, CRM, customer support systems, etc.Integrate.io is the elastic and scalable platform for a data integration. It can work with the structured and unstructured data. It can integrate data with the variety of sources like a SQL data stores, NoSQL databases, and cloud storage services.
- Integrate.io can be integrated with the variety of sources like a SQL data stores, NoSQL databases, and cloud storage services.
- It can work with the relational databases like Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Amazon RDS, etc.
- Will be able to connect with the online analytical data stores like AWS Redshift and Google BigQuery.
- Amazon Redshift is the excellent data warehouse product which is more critical part of Amazon Web Services – a very famous cloud computing platform.
- Redshift is the fast, well-managed data warehouse that analyses a data using the existing standard SQL and BI tools. It is a easy and cost-effective tool that allows a running complex analytical queries using a smart features of query optimization.
- It handles the analytics workload pertaining to big data sets by an utilizing columnar storage on a high-performance disks and massively parallel processing concepts.
- One of its more powerful features is a Redshift spectrum, that allows the user to run queries against the unstructured data directly in Amazon S3. It removes the need for loading and transformation. It automatically scales a query computing capacity depending on a data. Hence queries are run fast.
- Teradata is the another market leader when it comes to a database services and products. It is internationally renowned company with its headquarters in a Ohio. Most of competitive enterprise organizations use a Teradata DWH for the insights, analytics & decision making.
- Teradata DWH is the relational database management system marketed by aTeradata organization. It has a two divisions i.e. data analytics & marketing applications. It works on a concept of parallel processing and allows users to analyse a data in a simple yet efficient manner.
- An interesting feature of this data warehouse is its data segregation into the hot & cold data. Here cold data refers to a less frequently used data and this is the tool in a market these days.
Oracle is the well-established name in a data warehousing platform that was built for the providing business insights and analytics to users. Oracle 12c is the standard when it comes to scalability, high performance, and optimization in a data warehousing. It targets at improving the operational efficiency and thereby optimizing a end-user experience.
Its key features can be tabulated as:
- Advanced analytics and also enhanced data sets.
- Increased the innovation and industry-specific insights.
- The maximum of big data value.
- A Profitability.
- Extreme Performance & consolidation.
- Additionally, Oracle 12c comes with the advanced features like a Flash storage and HCC (Hybrid Columnar Compression) that enable a high-level data compression.
Informatica organization has its headquarters in a California. It holds the very good portfolio in data integration, ETL, B2B data integration, virtualization of a data and information lifecycle management.
Informatica power center constitutes of a three main components:
Client tools: Installed on a developer machines.
Power Centre repository: A place to store a metadata for an application.
Power center server: Server to perform a data executions.With the growing customer base, Informatica is be continuously trying to leverage its data integration solutions. This tool has to inbuilt powerful mapping templates to the help in managing data in the efficient manner.
- IBM Infosphere is the excellent ETL tool which uses a graphical notations to execute a data integration activities.
- It provides all major building blocks of a data integration & data warehousing along with a data management and governance. The building foundation of this warehousing architecture is the Hybrid Data Warehouse (HDW) and also Logical Data Warehouse (LDW).
- Multiple data warehousing technologies are comprised of hybrid data warehouse to ensure that a right workload is handled on right platform. It helps in the proactive decision making and also streamlining the processes. It reduces a cost and is a more effective tool in terms of business agility.
- This tool helps in for delivering intensive projects are by providing reliability, scalability, and improved performance. It ensures a delivery of trusted information to end-users.
Ab Initio Software:
- Ab Initio company holds the specialty in a high volume data processing and integration.
- Being launched in the 1995, Ab Initio provides a user-friendly data warehousing products for the parallel data processing applications.
- It aims at helping organizations to perform a fourth generation data analysis activities, data manipulation, batch processing, quantitative and qualitative data processing.
- It is the GUI-based software that targets at easing off an extract, transform and load tasks.
- Ab Initio software is the licensed product as the company prefers to keep a high level of privacy regarding their products.
- People working on this product operate under the agreement of non-disclosure, called NDA (Non-disclosure Agreement) which prevents them from a disclosing Ab Initio technical information publically.
ParAccel (acquired by Actian):
ParAccel is the California-based software organization that deals in a data warehousing and database management industry. ParAccel was acquired by a Actian in 2013. It provides the DBMS software to organizations across all sectors. Two majorly offered products by a company include Maverick & Amigo. Maverick is the standalone datastore itself, however, Amigo is designed to optimize a query processing speed that is generally redirected to existing database.Amigo was later on discarded by a ParAccel and Maverick was promoted. Maverick gradually evolved as a ParAccel database that works on shared-nothing architecture and supports a columnar orientation.
Cloudera: Cloudera which is the US-based software company provides an Apache-Hadoop based services and software. Cloudera was be announced available for distribution in a 2009, including Apache Hadoop in a collaboration.
AnalytiX DS: Analytix DS specializes in tools for the data mapping and integration along with the management tools.It well supports an enterprise-level integration and big data services. Mike Boggs is a founder of Analytics who invented a term pre-ETL mapping. Nowadays, Analytix has a big international team of a service partners and assistants.
By evaluating all of gear and software program customers can select a nice opportunity device primarily based totally at requirements, accuracy, and efficiency.
Are you looking training with Right Jobs?Contact Us
- Azure Data Warehouse | Learn in 1 Day FREE Tutorial
- Big Data vs Data Warehouse | Know Their Differences and Which Should You Learn?
- What is Data Cleaning | The Ultimate Guide for Data Cleaning , Benefits [ OverView ]
- What is Data Mart in Data Warehouse? :A Definitive Guide with Best Practices & REAL-TIME Examples
- What is Database Administration | Database Management Essentials | A Complete Guide For Beginners
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- Difference between Data Lake vs Data Warehouse: A Complete Guide For Beginners with Best Practices
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- What does the Yield keyword do and How to use Yield in python ? [ OverView ]
- Agile Sprint Planning | Everything You Need to Know