What is .Net FrameWork? Uses and its Benefits | Everything You Need to Know
Last updated on 03rd Nov 2022, Artciles, Blog
- In this article you will learn:
- 1.Introduction to .Net Framework.
- 2..Net Framework Architecture.
- 3.Components of .Net Architecture.
- 4.Design Principles of .Net Framework.
- 5. .Net CLR.
- 6. .Net Framework Class Library(FCL).
Introduction to .Net Framework:
.Net framework is the application development framework designed by a Microsoft for developing and deploying windows applications. .Net framework contains a programming languages, tools, and libraries for the building web and desktop applications. Through a .net framework, can also build a web services, games, and websites. It supports the programming languages like C#, Visual Basic, COBOL, Perl, Python, etc.
.Net Framework Architecture:
.Net framework architecture acts as the programming model to the .net platform, which offers implementation environment and also incorporation with various programming languages for simple development and deployment of various desktop and windows applications. It contains recyclable components and also class libraries.
Components of .Net Architecture:
Following are .Net Architecture components:
1. Common Language Runtime(CLR) Module:
Garbage Collection: It is a mechanism of deleting unnecessary resources while they are not needed. Garbage collection examples are:
- A file handle that is not be required. If the application has completed all tasks on a file, then filehandle is not required.
- A Database connection is not be required. If the application has completed all tasks on a database, then database connection is not required.
Exception Handling: Exceptions are errors that arise when execute an application. Exceptions examples are:
- If attempt to open a file in a local machine, though a file is not present.
- If application attempts to retrieve a records from a database, though database connection is authentic.
2. Class Library Module:
.Net framework contains the group of class libraries. A class library is the group of functions and methods that are essential. For instance, if have a class library with methods for handling all the file tasks. So, there is a method that can use for reading a text from the file. Likewise, there is method for writing a text to a file. Most. The namespace is the rational division of methods.
3. Languages Module:
WinForms: use it to develop form-based applications that would execute on a user machine. Notepad is an example of client-based application.
ASP.Net: use it to develop a web-based applications that run on the browsers like the Firefox, internet explorer, etc.
- Can process the web application on a server which has an Internet information services(IIS).
- IIS is the Microsoft element that we use for executing a ASP.Net applications.
- After executing ASP.Net applications, will send the result to client machines, and we will display the result in a browser.
- ADO.Net use a ADO.Net for developing applications for interacting with databases like SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
4. Other Modules:
WPF(Windows Presentation Foundation): It is the graphical subsystem by Microsoft to render user interfaces in a windows-based applications. WPF is formerly known as a “Avalon,” and it was released as the component of.Net framework 3.0.
WF(Windows Workflow Foundation): It is the Microsoft technology that offers an API, an in-process workflow engine, and designer for implementing long-running process-like workflow inside.NET applications.
Windows Communication Foundation(WCF): WCF is the framework for evolving service-oriented applications. Through a WCF, can send the data ina form of asynchronous messages from one service endpoint to the another service endpoint.
Language-Integrated Query(LINQ): It is the query language created in the .Net 3.5 frameworks. use it for making a query for the data sources with C# or VB programming language.
Parallel LINQ: It integrates the readability and simplicity of a LINQ and offers the strength of parallel programming. PLINQ can provide and enhance the speed for an executing the LINQ query through computer capabilities.
Design Principles of .Net Framework:
Following are designing principles of.Net framework:
Portability: Applications developed on a.Net framework can work on any windows environment. Recently, Microsoft is also intending to make Microsoft products work on a platforms like Linux, ios, etc.
Interoperability: .Net framework provide backward support. For example, if have to execute application on the machine with a .Net framework higher version. But application could continue to work.
Memory Management: Common language run-time does a work of memory management. .Net framework can access resources that are not useful to running program. It will release those resources consequently. It will do this through a “Garbage Collector,” which runs as a component of.Net framework.
.Net CLR :
It is the run-time environment that handles and runs a code written in any .Net programming language.
Following are .Net CLR Functions:
- It translates a program into native code.
- It handles an exceptions.
- It is language-independent and also improves performance.
- It offers the type-safety.
- It is platform-dependent and also provides garbage collection.
Structure of .Net CLR:
Base Class Library Support: It is the library that offers class support to .NET application.
COM Marshler: It offers an interaction among COM objects and applications.
Thread Support: It handles concurrent execution of a multi-threaded application.
Code Manager: It handles code at a run-time.
Garbage Collector: It frees unused memory and assigns it to new application.
.Net Framework Class Library(FCL):
It is the collection of classes, interfaces, value types, and namespaces that use for the .Net applications.
Framework Class Library Functions:
.Net Framework Class library supports a following functions:
- An User-defined and Base data types.
- It supports an exception handling and access to data.
- It supports a stream and input/output operations.
- It supports an interaction within the base system.
- It supports a web service creation.
Framework Class Library Namespaces:
Following are important namespaces of .Net framework class library:
System:This namespace includes all general data types, methods, arrays for a data conversion.
System.Diagnostics:It traces and debugges application execution.
System.Data.Common:Use these namespaces for an accessing the databases, performing commands on a database, and fetching database.
System.Net.Sockets, System.Net:Use these namespaces to the communicate over an internet while developing peer-to-peer applications.
System.Windows.Forms.Design, System.Windows.Forms:These namespaces are useful for a creating Windows-based applications through a Windows user interface elements.
Use the .Net framework for building a windows, web, and mobile applications. It offers the wide range of support and functionalities. .Net framework architecture offers an environment for simple development and deployment of various windows and mobile applications. .Net Framework CLR(Common Language Runtime) is the run-time environment for any .Net programming language code. .Net Framework Class Library offers classes, interfaces, namespaces that use for .Net applications. Hope this article provides with the required information about t.Net framework and its components.
Are you looking training with Right Jobs?Contact Us
- Hadoop Tutorial
- Hadoop Interview Questions and Answers
- How to Become a Hadoop Developer?
- Hadoop Architecture Tutorial
- What Are the Skills Needed to Learn Hadoop?
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- Difference between Data Lake vs Data Warehouse: A Complete Guide For Beginners with Best Practices
- What is Dimension Reduction? | Know the techniques
- What does the Yield keyword do and How to use Yield in python ? [ OverView ]
- Agile Sprint Planning | Everything You Need to Know