PMP Certification Exam Preparation Mind Map
Last updated on 10th Oct 2020, Artciles, Blog
How can you use PMP mind maps to study for the certification test? What exactly is mind mapping? Why is it useful for the exam prep?You will find answers for these questions in this article.
Gaining a strong understanding of the PMBOK 6th edition is a herculean task because of its volume. 360DigiTMG has designed PMP mind maps for you, particularly aiming at providing the mammoth information segregated into its shorter form for exam preparation, a short yet commendable detailed mind map for PMP exam, and acting as a quick reference too. The majority of the PMP aspirants spend their time and effort in scouring the internet/YouTube in generating vivid learnings of PMBOK guide content, its ITTOs, exams, questions, patterns, etc. Consolidating these learnings, storing them, organizing them and associating related concepts, finding the right PMP mind map 6th edition of PMBOK 6 ITTO mindmap, and preparing for the exam is a tedious process and few of the aspirants lose the passion in doing this.
360DigiTMG’s in-house talent, business development team and the trainers rigorously sought to the requirements of the aspirants and developed the mind map PMP to drive their learnings to a single source and constantly support them the best possible way.
Subscribe For Free Demo[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Mind maps (or idea maps) are very useful for managing projects. They are often used for brainstorming and gathering project requirements.
Mind mapping is described in the PMBOK Guide 6th edition. You can find it in the chapter on Scope Management Knowledge Area. It is listed as one of the techniques in the ‘Collect Requirements’ process.
Mind Mapping is as much useful (if not more) for the PMP students as they are for the project managers. I would suggest you to use these diagrams while studying for your credential exam.
I have developed a slew of learning oriented mind maps for the PMP students. I have compiled them in an eBook. It contains 66 ITTO maps based on the latest edition of the PMBOK Guide.
PMP Mind Maps
What Is Idea/ Mind Mapping Technique?
- Consider this. You are working in your office and your boss asks you to go to Antarctica.
- What will be your immediate thoughts?
- You will have a slew of What, Why, Where, and How type of questions.
- Human brain is very powerful. It is capable of thinking about infinite and divergent possibilities in a fraction of second.
- What if you draw these possibilities on a piece of paper? It will help you to organize and streamline the thoughts.
- Such a drawing is nothing but a mind map for you. It is a colorful diagram that visually captures your ideas in a non-linear format.
- The map starts with a central idea in the middle. It has branches to represent sub-ideas. If required, the branches can be forked out into sub-branches.
- You can create as many branches and sub-branches (as needed) to support your central idea. You can use word, images, sketches, and lines to represent your ideas. The topics and sub-topics can be distinguished by using different colors, images, and sketches.
- To understand more, you can look at step by step instructions for creating a mind map.
Theory of Idea Mapping
1.Idea mapping is a whole-brained visual think approach. It engages and exploits both hemispheres of your brain.
2.Many researches prove the power and utility of mind mapping. It is a very potent technique that helps in many different situations.
3.Among many other things, this technique can be used for brainstorming, organizing note-taking, problem-solving, planning, creativity, and presentations. It improves productivity, saves time, and enhances learning.
4.You can also look at this article for a deeper understanding of the benefits of the mind maps.
How Can PMP Aspirants Use Mind Mapping?
The mind maps help PMP students in two ways:
I. Making notes
Do you get overwhelmed when you have to learn tons of information? Do you get bogged down when you have to memorize thousands of terms? Do you get frustrated when you have to understand and remember several seemingly unrelated concepts?
Well! Mind maps help you overcome such problems.
Mind maps are a great way to organize and note down large amount of important information in a succinct manner. You can make visual connections between main ideas and keywords on a single sheet of paper.
Which one do think is more useful – a long list of unrelated ideas or a diagram of logical connections?
Would you rather make linear notes or mimic the way your brain thinks?
A mind-mapping approach to making notes is simpler and easier. And it reduces the number of pages.
As per Wikipedia, Mind mapping can improve learning efficiency up to 15% over conventional note taking.
II. Exam Preparation
How would you feel if you had to study thick books or voluminous notes to prepare for the exam?
I am sure you will feel scared. But it does not have to be that way.
You can simply study from the mind maps and finish your studies quickly. And to revise, you can create the maps from your memory. This way you will retain and remember much more than the traditional methods.
A mind-mapping exam prep approach is lot faster and far more reliable.
Benefits of Mind-Mapping For PMP Students
Mind maps are extremely useful for exam prep and studies. Pictures are 6x superior than words for retaining information.
Some of the main benefits of mind mapping for PMP students are:
- Notes can be easily assimilated.
- Notes making is much faster.
- Large volume of information can be compressed into a single page.
- Information can be organized visually in a brain friendly manner.
- Relevant and important knowledge is at one place.
- Recall is easy and quick.
- Brain is liberated from the linear thinking.
- A map helps you to make logical connections between different concepts.
- The complete study is broken into small parts. It is easier to plan and schedule your studies.
Disadvantage of Mind-Mapping For PMP Students
It is very easy to make logical relationships within a single mind map. But it is not easy to make connections across different mind maps. The idea mapping techniques falls a little short When you have multiple maps.
This disadvantage is applicable for the PMBOK Guide process mapping as well. You can make several maps to describe PMBOK Guide processes. Each one can be created on a separate sheet.
The maps could be split across 5 Process Groups (PG) and 10 Knowledge Areas (KA), and 49 processes. You can have a different map for each PG, KA, individual processes, and a few other things.
The terms and concepts across PG, KA, and processes are related to each other. But these relationships cannot be depicted on the individual maps.
To overcome this problem, I have created a PMP ITTO Strategies Guide. It provides logical relationships between PMBOK Guide processes across different PG and KA.
The strategies guide is complementary to the PMP Idea Mapping eBook described in this article. You can use them together for your PMP studies.
You can save significant amount of time and improve your learning by using PMP mind maps.
Approximately 65% of population is visual learners. Idea mapping is especially useful for these learners. You too can benefit from idea mapping if you are a visual learner.
Having said that, idea mapping technique is also useful for the rest of the population. The technique exploits both parts of the brain. It is beneficial for everyone.
To help the exam aspirants, I have created a pdf eBook. It contains 66 ITTO mind maps based on the PMBOK Guide.
PMP mindmap provided is based on the PMBOK 6th edition and it is conceptualized in visually orienting to the concepts, providing insights into a deeper understanding of the content and connect to the Project Management Methodology as per PMI standards from diversified domains and projects you do.
Among the many techniques available, Mind Mapping is profoundly used for problem-solving, brainstorming, creative idea generation, etc enhancing your learnings and improvising the productivity of your work. 360DigiTMG is no exception in utilizing this technique and catering mind map for PMP to its trusted PMP aspirants
Why do I need a Mindmap for the PMP EXAM?
Mind mapping is a great tool aiding you to organize and prepare notes for your PMP Exam. It strongly gets stored in your visual memory and learning the PMP concepts in this way will retain for a longer duration.
Paybacks of Mind Mapping PMP for you:
- Integrating your learning becomes easy and efficient.
- Learning and gaining the knowledge to the core is quick and effective.
- Compacting vast information of the PMBOK 6th edition into its shorter versions which makes it easier to study and put to practice.
- PMP mind mapping offers visually self-imparting the comprehensive concepts
- Recollection is at your fingertips.
Forget about cramming and fall back to our PMP ITTO mind maps / PMP process mindmaps which helps you identify logical dependencies and correlations between 5 Process Groups, 10 Knowledge areas, and 49 processes boosting your PMP learning.
While learning the Knowledge areas, processes and ITTOs, practicing questions, giving tests, doing mock tests, would indisputably strengthen your confidence level, coalescing these with our PMP mind map definitions can uncover tactical benefits on the concepts from examination front and ensures you in succeeding your core objective of cracking the PMP exam on your first attempt.
Mastering is an art and it’s better the smart way. Kick-start your journey of learning the PMP exam mind map the smart way and conquer the fear of the failure – 360DigiTMg is with you in every step you move ahead accomplishing your PMP goal.
Are you looking training with Right Jobs?Contact Us
- PMP Tutorial
- How To Apply For The PMP® Exam In Easy Steps
- Tips for PMP Exam Preparation
- How To Renew Your PMP Certification?
- PMP-Project Manager Interview Questions and Answers
- E Learning Sample Resumes
- Apache Oozie Sample Resumes
- Business Objects Interview Questions and Answers
- Cassandra Interview Questions and Answers
- Sqoop Interview Questions and Answers